11.8.08

Olympic prop bet, Padrig is #2

Alan and I have just made a prop bet on total medals earned. Since I am half Canadian and half Australian I am taking the average of the two total medals earned (plus I am giving him another 3 medals from that total) vs. Japan’s total…

(Canada plus Australia)/2 minus 3 = (0+5)/2 – 3 = -.5 vs. Japan 4 (uh oh! I have negative medal count right now!)

10 small ones on the line which would have made the 100m breaststroke a little more exciting to watch last night. It was fun to watch the US 4x100 team stick it to the French last night too. What a race, what a comeback by the anchoring swimmer. Great job team USA. I love how they make such a big deal about it, but then the ladies race right before that the US girl LOST at the last second to GBR and it wasn’t really talked about much. With the men, it was replay after replay and all the hype was just too much.

I must say, NBC is very difficult to watch. It is soooooo all about the USA team it is almost unbearable. At least with CTV you get a well balanced perspective.

Padrig Harrington is obviously #2 in the world now. He’s won the last two majors in dramatic fashion. Can that guy putt or what? I guess that answers this question. Oh and yes, Nadal is now #1 in the world in my books as well.

It’s the Rafael and Padrig show!

The weekend I just had was awesome. Much rest and relaxation was had by Lola and myself over in Victoria (Vancouver Island) at a summer beach front property. Bike rides, boat rowing, prawning, reading, sleeping, drinking and an amazing dinner at the Harbour House for our 2 year anniv. were the highlights.

Good times.

Playing some live poker with Willy at the Rock tonight after work before he heads back to San Francisco. Should be a good time as per.

Still haven’t touched a club since my win. I have a match on Thursday I should start preparing for, but I doubt I will. Too much else going on these days!

Later.

1 comment:

SirFWALGMan said...

America being USA focused entirely is not a new thing. Move to Boston and you will get an even better dose of that as my state never speaks about anything that happens outside of the state especially in sports.