28.8.08

Various

My first fantasy football draft of the season took place last night with this chica via nfl.com. I'm pretty happy with my team (lucky to get 2nd pick of course), check it out:

(2) Adrian Peterson (RB-MIN)
(23) Reggie Wayne (WR-IND) - I snapped him up fast than Fuel can say "Football blows"
(26) Steve Smith (WR-CAR) - suspended first two games, so what
(47) Reggie Bush (RB-NO) - felt like another steal
(50) Chris Cooley (TE-WAS)
(71) Lee Evans (WR-BUF)
(74) Jake Delhomme (QB-CAR) - needed a QB at this point
(95) Nate Burelson (WR-SEA) - another steal? Early on he will need to step up
(98) Ricky Williams (RB-MIA) - you just never know
(119) Vince Young (QB-TEN)
(122) DeSean Jackson (WR-PHI) - I used my entire 90 seconds for this pick
(143) Packers (DEF-GB)
(146) Kris Brown (K-HOU)
(176) Kenny Watson (RB-CIN) - buh bye Rudi

14 rounds (2RB, 3WR a must). I had second pick and I had to take AP. I couldn't really justify another RB at that spot. I tried to find a reason to take Westbrooke or Barber III but in the end, I went with the man they call purple jesus. Take a QB? Not that early. Never.

Overall, I think I have a good team. It always comes down to injuries though. Staying healthy is the key to winning these things for sure.

I'm also in a keeper pool, and that draft is coming up this holiday Monday. I've got my eye on a few rookie RB's. I'd really like to get a top 5, but with 10th pick I really don't like my chances. Everyone usually snaps them up pretty quickly (especially in keepers).

I'm also in 23skidoo's two pools, and Miami Don's survivor pool. I look forward to this one because I have never played in one before. I know there must be some sort of strategy out there that works. I know I know, pick winning teams... once. I might be on to something here... actually, I'm not going to reveal my real strategy here on this space... cuz I want all of you to crash and burn!!

Man I love football season.

-----
Bloglines - it seems so hard to keep up. I remember the old days when I was too lazy to start up some sort of blog reader and I relied on surfing the blogs, link by link. Every once in a while I'll take that ride just for old times sake.

-----
I just realized the Ryder Cup is coming up soon. Sept 16th - 21st to be exact. Lay money on Europe? No Tiger so you might have a point... It should be close... I guess time will tell.

-----
Golf tourney this weekend. 36 hole, 5 man scramble. Good times. Lots of gambling (trend?) and drinking as per in these types of tournaments. They are all about the fun, winning long drives or KP's. Reading putts for my team mates. Giving them yardage and crushing beers at a medium pace.

My next goal is to get a hole in one. I still am searching, when will it stop.

Hope all is well in your world. The next 4 months are going to fly by. Just like the first 8.

What will you do with your time?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hole in one over/under? Set it and I'll take the over :-)

I totally agree with you, no Tiger, no win for the US. Europe sounds good. I cant see the US "Doing it for the tigger!"

Stay Strong, Live Brave!

IT