21.8.08

3rd in the Dook, then 5th in the Mook

So last night wasn't a total waste of time. While I didn't get a chance to take out Waffles as I had hoped, I did manage to make it to the final table with him. Good job waffles, I believe he is only $40 away from winning a prop bet with Bayne and another one with LJ if he can stay on top.

Nothing to exciting to report in terms of how I managed a fifth place in the Mookie. I basically played very tight (like 10/7/something) and waited for some good cards. I did manage a couple of resteals which was nice as it confirmed my reads. Other than that, I won a couple of key races when guys called my pushes (1. 10's vs. A5o - ok not a race, 2. KJs vs A10o vs Hoy - turned the straight) which is always a must in these bloggaments. Having someone come in for a raise when you have QQ or AK is always nice too. It must have folded to me three times in my BB when I had a premium hand. Just bad timing, stupid RNG I hate you sometimes.

It was just nice to play good solid poker again. I still recognize I have some ugly leaks which I will continue to work on. I hate trying to steal and then getting caught, laying it down and basically spewing chips. Of course, if you keep the pressure on you can accumulate them back in time, but spewage sucks donkey balls.

Here is a perfect example of where I should just be folding this junk. Especially at a final table. I think I need to go back to what Mr. Mom taught me (or I should say I read on his blog) which was when you get to the final table, just play super uber 12 year old tight (yeah I said it, so). It will save you a lot of chips fo' sho':

The Mookie - 800/1600 Ante 200
Seat 2: Schaubs (14,820)
Seat 3: irongirl01 (14,400)
Seat 5: oossuuu754 (76,921)
Seat 8: SirFWALGMan (17,529)
Seat 9: NumbBono (32,330)
Schaubs antes 200
irongirl01 antes 200
oossuuu754 antes 200
SirFWALGMan antes 200
NumbBono antes 200
SirFWALGMan posts the small blind of 800
NumbBono posts the big blind of 1,600
The button is in seat #5
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Schaubs [Ad Th]
Schaubs has 15 seconds left to act
Schaubs raises to 4,800
irongirl01 folds
oossuuu754 folds
SirFWALGMan raises to 17,329, and is all in
NumbBono folds
Schaubs has 15 seconds left to act
Schaubs folds
Uncalled bet of 12,529 returned to SirFWALGMan
SirFWALGMan mucks
SirFWALGMan wins the pot (12,200)

Just terrible poker. Putting in a third of my stack with that shit hand, and then folding to pressure. If I am willing to raise, I better be willing to call a push. I just chalk it up to not playing enough. I'll get there, if I have the time!

Congrats go out to IronGirl in winning her first Mookie. As you can tell from above, she overcame a huge chip deficit to take this thing down.

Maybe this was the hand that set it off for her (I'm so nice):

The Mookie - 600/1200 Ante 150
Seat 2: Schaubs (26,370)
Seat 3: irongirl01 (8,025)
Seat 4: hoyazo (19,856)
Seat 5: oossuuu754 (47,930)
Seat 8: SirFWALGMan (34,054)
Seat 9: NumbBono (19,765)
Schaubs antes 150
irongirl01 antes 150
hoyazo antes 150
oossuuu754 antes 150
SirFWALGMan antes 150
NumbBono antes 150
hoyazo posts the small blind of 600
oossuuu754 posts the big blind of 1,200
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Schaubs [5h 7h]
SirFWALGMan folds
NumbBono folds
Schaubs has 15 seconds left to act
Schaubs raises to 3,800
irongirl01 raises to 7,875, and is all in
hoyazo folds
oossuuu754 folds
Schaubs has 15 seconds left to act
Schaubs calls 4,075 - I was very close to folding here, in fact I am still not sure if it was worth the chip spewage.
irongirl01 shows [Jc Jd]
Schaubs shows [5h 7h]
*** FLOP *** [Jh 4c 5s]
*** TURN *** [Jh 4c 5s] [7d]
*** RIVER *** [Jh 4c 5s 7d] [Qd]
irongirl01 shows three of a kind, Jacks
Schaubs shows two pair, Sevens and Fives
irongirl01 wins the pot (18,450) with three of a kind, Jacks

Still wondering if I made the right call there, it was right after the money bubble burst, maybe that was part of my thinking. Dunno.

So yeah a big $40 for my 5th and $16 for 3rd in the Dookie.

I'm a baller, no autographs please.

You should be asking this guy The Trooper instead... nice beat!

3 comments:

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

Why are you even playing 57? The call on that shove is a nobrainer since your initial raise priced you in.

Fuel55 said...

You're peaking at the right time.

Anonymous said...

Wanna do a link exchange with me (A Canadian Poker Blogger)?

Kevin
http://KevinPoker.com