I'm pretty pumped for this weekend's Ryder Cup. Even though it is Tigerless, I still think it will be a good battle. Just the fact that Azinger and Faldo hate each other so much and there is so much history between the two of them makes a good story on its own, and they are not even playing.
I'd say a lot of the pressure is on Phil. He needs to step it up as he has not been a very good team player over the past few. If some of the rookies get hot (look out for Anthony Kim) then the US actually has a shot of making this interesting.
So don't forget to watch all the drama unfold this weekend, especially Sunday. Hopefully it is still close by then and the matches mean something. Of course, it's never over until it's over.
You only have to look as far back as 1999 when Justin Leonard made that bomb of a putt on 17 to send the crowd into a maniac frenzy. Even the US team members couldn't compose themselves as they ran accross the green jumping for joy. I believe Jose Maria Olazabal still had a putt that meant something too. Low class.
So yeah, in between NFL games, make sure you keep an eye on the Ryder Cup, it should be a doozy.
I'd still lay my money on Europe, but you just never know. In fact, now that I look at it, the US leads the Ryder Cup 3 points to 1 after the morning matches. However, it looks like Europe is on the way back already leading 3 of the 4 afternoon matches after about 6 holes.
They might even be tied by the end of the day, which would make for a very exciting weekend.
Have a good one, and good luck at the tables and any sort of NFL related betting.
19.9.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It's the most.... wonderful time... of the years!
Great call on Kim! Super HOT from 160 in right now!
ENJOY it Schaubsy.
You know I will!!
:)
Dear friend:
We would be pleased to Exchange the link with you. We are from
http://extremaduraclubdepoker.blogspot.com/2008/01/wwwextremapokercom.html
We would like to invite you to the first free roll tournament we are just about to open with 800 dollars prizes. Rigth now we´re just 12 players. Lets poker.
If you are interested to exchange the link , leave us a message in our site.
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Post a Comment