Anyway, I tried to make a move on Speaker on our final hand and it back fired. When I look back and think about it from every which way I realize that raising from the SB is something that I normally would have done with any ace. This time I limped trying to mix it up and he hit his 6 on a 10-6-10 flop. I re-over shoved on the flop hoping it was actually him trying to make a move on me. Nope. He had a 6. Can't blame him for the call. It was a lot of fun to compete like that, I just wish I could have taken it down as it would have been my first Mookie win. Twice a bridesmaid now. I feel like LJ use to (well ok maybe not as often), now she's just stacking up the wins like no other blogger out there. Thanks for the rail, I know it would have been nice to pull it off...
2nd place makes Schaubs sad.
I know I'll get one sooner or later, I just really thought last night was going to be my night. I rant out of patience and it cost me big time. With only 16BB's in play each I knew it was going to come down to a gamble sooner or later. Next time, I'll make sure I have the goods. GG Speaker, and BaconMary and all the rest of you bloggheads.
I feel compelled to make one comment about BDR though. Even though I doubt Speaker was listening, it was very annoying to hear the crew on BDR talk about the final hand as it was still in progress. Buddydank would never stand for this. Basically, once I reshoved, everyone on the air started talking about hand ranges and who had what. They just kept going on and on.
Now I love me some BDR. In fact I think I was the last one to sign off last night after the tournament. However, I think it is bad form to be talking about the hand when it is still going on. At the time I was very annoyed because as the clock ticked down and Speaker was making a decision for the entire tournament, everyone was putting me on a hand and talking about what each of us had. It definitly could have influenced a player to make a call or a fold. I still wonder if Speaker was listening to BDR. Oh well. Fuck it. Let's move on shall we....
Let the NFL Season begin!!

4 comments:
i like the way you played the last hand. i honestly thought Speaker would fold it since he took so long to make the call. maybe BDR did influence his decision. there were a few times they were discussing hands in play on the air. probably not a very good idea even if it is only a $10 tourney.
You played great, Schaubs. All night. On the last hand, I'd decided you had clubs and was willing to race for it (if you had two overs, too). It was late.
I had heard them discuss a hand much earlier in the tourney and I agree...bad form. By the end, though, my computer was all Kings of Leon, all the time.
Keep playing like you are and you'll get one. This was my first after, oh, three years.
as long as u learned from the experience you'll get there...nice finish still though keep it up
As the host of BDR the other night, I apologize for not exercising a little more control over the hand-discussion while the hand is still live.
I'm typically very conscious of this, and try and stop it before it gets out of hand. Somtimes late in the night, after some cocktails, we lose focus, and crap like this happens.
Your concerns are very valid, and we'll be more vigilant about this from now on.
Once again, on behalf of BDR, I apologize.
Post a Comment