It never fails. Ok so I am short sighted, fine. I'm actually only referring to the last two Monday's if you really want to get technical. I can't stop donking off my chips in cash games, specifically at the end of the night.
This "one long session" theory is annoying. I mean I know I should be folding, yet I push. I know I should be betting, yet I check.
It's a vicious cycle.
I need to read more, play less... yet as I type this I am playing online, writing this and texting Fuel back about Riggs only need to give me 2 a side in a match.
I say bring it.
In fact I challenge any and all bloggers to a golf match. Hee Haw Gambool.
That is what I do in live poker. I gambool at the end of the night for no reason. After widdling down the well known fish I should just take my break even profits and run. But I don't, at least not lately.
It's so frustrating that I'm thinking of bringing one of the three new books I've got that need a read and scrapping the cash game altogether. Yeah right eh. Azzzzzzz if. The table is so juicy early it is tough to stay away and by the end of the night I've had one too many and make my standard overbet out move.
It's really getting old and I really need to find that discipline somehow, someway.
18.2.09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
you have hit the nail right on the head. many "disciplined" players think it's mostly BR mgmt and starting hand selection. it's really just as simple as reading the situation correctly and making the correct play at that time. but, so many players beat themselves up emotionally. leave your emotions at the door and just make correct decisions. that is the real discipline.
I shall attempt to inflate the 'ole HCP to a proper proportionate amount, so that a match between us with the appropriate equitable stroke control, may be of interest to our mutual management teams.
I shall discuss the matter with my "people" and have them get in contact with your "people."
Oh.......
and if I can quit smoking after 19 1/2 years, you surely should be able to lay down a hand, at the end of the night!
:)
I will play you straight up, no problem.
That is very tough. I 12 table NL100 and when a session is going good, it's easy to play good through the end of a session. But whenever I'm even or stuck, it's way too easy to get spewy and make bad decisions near the end of a session. Gotta recognize the bigger picture and try to play the same always.
Post a Comment