5.2.09

Mookie Prop Bet Week 5

Last night's Mookie was the quickest tournament I have ever played in. The first hand I was dealt the hammer in LP, easy fold. The second hand I was dealt KK in the cutoff...

I am yet to fold KK preflop.

I actually considered it for one split second but then realized it was Lucko that re-re-raised from the BB. I am really sick right now, in fact I am worse today than yesterday, so it was one of those situations where I was like "well if he as Aces, then whatever I can go to bed early-ish"

Here is the rigged hand I am talking about:

Full Tilt Poker Game #10439783968: The Mookie (78045412), Table 3 - 15/30 - No Limit Hold'em - 22:01:43 ET - 2009/02/04
Seat 1: heffmike (2,985)
Seat 2: pokerpeaker (2,970)
Seat 3: lucko21 (3,000)
Seat 4: NYRambler (3,000)
Seat 5: cracknaces (3,000)
Seat 6: TexansBaby (3,000)
Seat 7: columbo (3,000)
Seat 8: ChampSampson (3,045)
Seat 9: Schaubs (3,000)
pokerpeaker posts the small blind of 15
lucko21 posts the big blind of 30
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Schaubs [Kd Kh]
NYRambler folds
cracknaces folds
lucko21: hello all
TexansBaby folds
pokerpeaker: sigh, hi lucko
columbo folds
ChampSampson raises to 77
NYRambler: lol
Schaubs raises to 210
heffmike folds
pokerpeaker folds
lucko21 raises to 690
ChampSampson has 15 seconds left to act
ChampSampson folds
Schaubs raises to 3,000, and is all in
lucko21 calls 2,310, and is all in
Schaubs shows [Kd Kh]
lucko21 shows [Ad Ac]
NYRambler: obv
*** FLOP *** [8s 5h 3s]
*** TURN *** [8s 5h 3s] [Qs]
*** RIVER *** [8s 5h 3s Qs] [6h]
Schaubs shows a pair of Kings
lucko21 shows a pair of Aces
lucko21 wins the pot (6,092) with a pair of Aces
lucko21: gg
heffmike: chip dump. <--- LOL - refering to the IT bet I assume.
Schaubs stands up
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 6,092 Rake 0
Board: [8s 5h 3s Qs 6h]
Seat 1: heffmike (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 2: pokerpeaker (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 3: lucko21 (big blind) showed [Ad Ac] and won (6,092) with a pair of Aces
Seat 4: NYRambler didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: cracknaces didn't bet (folded)
Seat 6: TexansBaby didn't bet (folded)
Seat 7: columbo didn't bet (folded)
Seat 8: ChampSampson folded before the Flop
Seat 9: Schaubs showed [Kd Kh] and lost with a pair of Kings

So there it is. Lucko started off hot, but couldn't get it done this time. No worries of course since he has two wins to his credit already. LJ made a nice run, along with 2BA. No one on my team cashed and Maniac57 finished 4th for $51.60.

3 comments:

Shrike said...

I am going to the felt there too but I actually don't like the jam preflop, since you give up a lot of value to all the other hands in lucko's range (he could have JJ, QQ, AK or maybe even KK as well as AA). I think lucko would fold all the worse hands in that range to your shove and only call you with AA, is my reasoning. So playing KK in position to the flop has some appeal.

But ... bottom line, obvious cooler, poker is rigged, yadda yadda.

-PL

Unknown said...

It happens.. Poker is rigged, but I'm feeling a hell of a lot better that my team is starting to show up.

Lets talk alternates :-)

IT

Baywolfe said...

I just don't know how to play against an all-in preflop with KK. I know that you jammed here but it seems to happen the other way too. If you have just rerereraised, I'm sure Lucko would have pushed.

If you fold, they have Q4 sooted, if you call, they have AA, and the other two Kings in the deck go for a hike somewhere.

I do remember reading, somewhere, that the fourth raise is always Aces.