2.2.09

Monday night's during the BBT

Fact: There is currently no Monday night tournament that can be used for the BBT.

Need: Someone needs to step up and host a Monday nighter that starts at 7pm pacific. I know that the $26 entry was too rich for some, so I am suggesting that a different format be introduced. Chad, Lucko, LJ, I am looking at you. I've heard all three of you mention that a possible $11 1rebuy 1addon would be a good one. We need a deeper stack tournament to hone our skills! How else are we going to get better and make it deeper in other tournaments?

Now before you suggest something like "Schaubs, you should do it"... don't bother. I've thought about hosting my own tournament before. Aside from the annual tournament that some of you participated in last April, I won't be hosting a weekly one. There are various reasons for this, but the main one is the fact that I am not sure how much I'll actually play on Mondays.

We need to replace the MATH, especially during the BBT. In fact, if you so choose, this tournament could take place ONLY during the BBT.

Comments?
;)

11 comments:

oossuuu754 said...

Instant Tradgey and I are going to this, I want to do a $26 and then 6.5 STT satelite one hour before,

Shrike said...

A weekly deep-stacked blogger tourney? Most online MTTs are not deep-stacked as it is, so why should a bloggament be deep-stacked? Plus, the Mookie offers a lot of play in the first few levels already.

Don's Big Game every few months was a good deep event with super stacks. I don't think it needs to be a weekly thing.

-PL

Jordan said...

It's a tempting proposition. I would love to restart the DADI tournaments as a weekly...if not for the hastle and, yes, stress, of hosting an online tourney.

Snuffy said...

I e-mailed Al a few weeks ago saying I was willing to move my series to Monday and play what everyone thought would be good. I haven't heard anything back.

TripJax said...

Long live DADI.

lj said...

snuffy when is your tournament?

dadi was pre my time.

my vote is for rambler.

Anonymous said...

I have no problem setting up and hosting a Monday night tourney for BBT4 (and beyond).

A lot of people talk about wanting deeper stacks for some tourneys. I'm not sure, but I'm thinking there's a minimum buyin to get a superstack (5000 chips) private tourney setup on FTP (Maybe $50).

We already have two deepstack (3000 chips) tourneys that I assume will be a part of the BBT, The Mookie and The Skills Series.

I'm currently not sure what the status is on the Riverchasers tourney, I checked in one Thursday night a month or two ago and it only had three entrants, but I'm sure those numbers would go up in the BBT4.

I named my blog (www.donkeysdraw.com) before I even knew of a DADi (which I believe had stopped running before I set my new blog name up).

But I'd be willing to host the DADi (seeing as I have the domain name) on Monday nights in whatever format that we determine is best for the BBT4 (and beyond).

I've been setting up weekly private tourneys (The Dookie) for the past five months, so that part of the job is not an issue for me.

Has anyone heard anything about any details regarding the BBT4?

Snuffy said...

Mine is on Tuesdays, NL Headsup. In the past it has been like the Skill Series. I usually change it up every so often.

As far as what you need for various stacks on FT.

$0.50 rake = regular stack
$1 rake = 3k in chips
$2 rake = 5k in chips

So you could do a $5+$2 for a superstack. I play one tourney that is $5+$1 and you get 3k. When I ran my main event I always did a token $24+$2 which gave you 5k in chips.

lucko said...

A Monday night $10 1r 1a would be perfect addition to the BBT series.

Numblo- make something happen for Mondays!

Anonymous said...

Talked with Al, its not looking too good to get a Monday tourney into the BBT4 at this point.

They wanted to scale the number of tourneys back a bit, and their initial thought was to not have a bigger buyin tourney to avoid crushing too many bankrolls.

We'll see what happens.

I'm not setting anything up unless it will be a part of the BBT though.

Anyone remember the burnout at the end of BBT3? Yeah, I don't see a great need for that again.

PokahDave said...

Has anybody simply asked Hoy if he's going to restart M.A.T.H. again....by the sound of it...I'm thinking No?