20.4.09

Effing Big Game with tiny stacks is ghey dude

That was probably the worst spur of the moment decision I have made in my poker life. The worst bankroll management I have ever displayed. The weakest tightest lamest fucking boringest game I have ever played in my life. No cards, and no chips to play with makes for a dumb combination of gambling and luckboxery. I thought we'd at least get a 3,000 starting stack...

I seriously had 10 effing times more fun playing in a 1,000 person donakament with DoubleDave and Queener (PokerBrian22 in this instance) on Saturday night (barely cashed) then I did playing in that gheyfest called the big game. Don's Big games are supposed to have big stacks, not little tiny stacks that you have to basically shove or fold when you get to the river. Top it off with 2 rebuy periods and you've got yourself a recipe for disaster. Schaubs was not happy. I don't need to explain it any further. If you were there, you understand, if you weren't then you are very very lucky. I'ts 100% my fault for registering in the first place, so I have to accept my bankroll suicidal tendancies... and I do.

Who is cracknKK? He/She sure reminds me of cracknaces... they were both at my table and somehow aces chips were shipped to KK... then KK started playing like aces. Weird. I know it is Chad's wife, I knew this before, so really i am just being silly Schaubs who starts stuff about nothing we didn't already know. If it was me, and my wife and I are playing in the same private tournament and I go out because she has a better hand, then I am probably going to go sit beside her (join her in the other room of course) and help her out as she grinds to the money. Hell, I might even tell her something like "Hey that Schaubs that is raising, he is a nit, so put in a big raise and he will fold... unless he has the nuts" She/He was right, and I played like a total weak tight fanboi.

As the great Ryan Kessler said on the ice this weekend during the Canucks gameso some pussy who wouldn't drop the gloves: "Give your balls a tug!"

Anyway that Queenie is one tightass mofo. He was basically at the same stack I was when I pushed my JQo (tilt) into KK's AQ0 for 10BB's and when I came back an hour later Queenie was still in it with the same size stack! No wonder he accumulates so many final tables and so many points, well done on your second place finish... again.

Probably my last game of poker for a while as I strap on the cleats and spikes and get down for some baseball and golfing action all week and into the weekend. Lake view, golf, beers. Life is good.

Have a good week and GL at the tables everyone.

5 comments:

Astin said...

1500+1500 for rebuy + 2000 for add-on = 5000 chips. Granted you couldn't get those last 2k until 30 minutes in.

Schaubs said...

I'm a bankroll tard.

Thanks for stopping by...

Julius_Goat said...

You didn't use my form.

lightning36 said...

C,mon -- we want MORE blogger drama!!

1Queens Up1 said...

lol Schaubs how did I miss this post?
I am a small stack ninja (when im not tilty). Yeah that PS tournament was fun we absolutely need to do that again before I go broke on PS for the second time.