29.4.10

My Cat the alarm clock (poker content)

My big cat weighs about 14 pounds, his name is Rocky. My small cat weighs about 7 pounds, his name is Frank. This morning I must have hit the off button instead of the snooze because 45 minutes later Rocky was climbing all over me telling me I was late... but in reality he was probably just hungry again. Seriously, Rocky is like a dog. He will eat until there is nothing left, and then go and bully Frank out of the way and finish his. If we didn't keep an eye on Frank, he'd starve and Rocky would tip the 20 pound mark.

I skipped the Mookie as predicted and played ball instead. This being our second game in two days, I was sore from game one but luckily didn't pull anything to warrant sitting out in game two. Good thing because we only had nine players last night. We won 20-8 bringing our total runs for to 41 and against to 26. A good start to say the least.

I look forward to Sunday's free roll. I feel a deep run coming, but as I witnessed last night when I got home from ball with only 20 people left - people are willing to flip for 100BB pots. I guess when the only real prize is first place, you want to have the dominating stack at the final table. But seriously, that is just nuts. No one folds anymore. Even to a 4Bet shove. I don't care what type of table image you might think someone has, stacking off with a small pair is bound to happen if you are not careful. Bloggers never amaze me anymore and I for one am the first to admit that I have no game when it comes to final tables so I might just have to take that flip early and often. Pokermeister proved that it worked last night, you just have to have a little run good on your side or you are on the rail wondering what just happened to your 40BB stack.

Round 2 of the NHL playoffs kicks off tonight and I am pumped! Chicago will win the series (cm). Later.

No comments: