3.6.10

I won a tournament (not poker obv)

Pretty pumped to say that I finally took down my local Pro-Am tournament that I play in every year. This year, most likely being my last for a while meant that I wanted it to win it extra bad. With two second places and losing last year by one shot when I bogied the final two holes makes it even more special. I also finished 6th in 2008. If you've been reading here for a while now you will have no doubt read about my struggles with second places... and then some.

It was a two day tournament which started on Monday. I fired a 4 under 61 (par 65 short course with lots of tough par 3's) and then shot even yesterday to win by 2. I had it to 5 under on the first day with two to play and then pull hooked my drive into the water down the left side of the reachable par 4. It was probably the only time I was nervous during the entire tournament. I managed to escape with a two putt bogey and never had a double dogey the entire tournament.

I guess it all started on Day 1 when I went Par, Eagle, Birdie to start the day. The eagle came on the same hole that I bogied last year to lose by one.

Justice. Revenge. Just knowing that I could get it done and use the experience I have gained in the past felt great. I was a putting machine on the first day making 5 putts outside of 15 feet. It was a lot of fun to say the least.

They slow rolled me on the victory too. No results were posted and I was up against three other guys who posted 1 under after day one. Knowing that someone had to do better than 3 under on day 2, I was feeling confident and when they finally did not announce my name as 2nd place overall, I knew I had it. That was probably the second time I felt nervous, which was probably more than when I was on the course.

I won a set of Cleavland Tour CG7 irons worth about $700. We also won a Cleavland putter each for the team event (finished 7th).

Not bad for a $275 entry. I usually break even so it is nice to finally take something worth a bit more than a putter.

Now the question is: Do I sell the clubs so I can buy two baby cribs...? Oh you didn't get the memo? yep... twins in 3.5 months. 3.5 months left of freedom. The summer of Schaubs has begun!

Overall it just feels good to finally win it. I don't really care much about the prizes. Just the win. Winning is all that matters to me, but you already knew that.

10 comments:

Astin said...

What is up with bloggers and multi-spawn? Can't you people have 1 kid at a time anymore?

Congrats!

The Poker Meister said...

Congrats on the win. Good luck with the twins... I have a 3, 5 and 6 year old - and it's a rough life. No time for "fun" activities like golf or live poker. Enjoy the summer of Schaubs while it lasts.

jjok said...

1 kid at a time is for amateurs. Grats to bub.

And good fucking luck, you'll need it.

Jeremy said...

Congrats on the win and good luck!

BamBam said...

Dude seriously?

YOU......ARE......DA......MAN!

Oh and as for Lola, she kinda'
RAWKS a bit too!

Congrats on the win but even moreso, best wishes from both Peb's and I on the family 'issues.'

:)

BWoP said...

Way to go Schaubs!!!

Unknown said...

Sell the clubs, get the cribs!

Congrats on the win, you deserve it!

Jordan said...

Dizzamn, homie! Way to knock up Lola, double style!

Josie said...

OMG Congrats on the twins Schaubs!! Such a blessing.

PinkyStinky said...

Clubs for Cribs. Sound like a very worthy charity.

Congrats on the win and especially on the future additions.