
Words can not express the joy and happiness I felt when the clock read 0:00 on Feb 4, 2007 at Dolphin Stadium in Miami, Florida where they beat the Chicago Bears 29-17 and brought the trophy home to Indy. This is their first NFL Championship (the big game) and I have a pretty strong feeling that it won't be their last. Even though the San Diego Chargers are the inital favorites for the 2007/2008 season at 9-2, I still feel like it is Peyton's to lose once again.
Here are some milestones that I found:
- It’s the second time in 35 years that they won the Superbowl.
- It’s the first time they’ve won it as the “Indianapolis” Colts. (Baltimore)
- The Colts became the first “dome” team to win in an outdoor stadium.
- Tony Dungy became the first African American coach to win the Superbowl.
- Dungy (Player - Steelers, Coach - Colts) became the only 3rd person in NFL history after Tom Flores (Player - Chiefs, Coach - Raiders) and Mike Ditka (Player - Dolphins, Coach - Bears) to have won the Superbowl both as a player and head coach.
Pretty cool shit. I still don't think the shock has worn off yet... Peyton did it.
The only two guys that I forgot to mention in my post below were Freeny and Rhodes as far as who was going to impact this outcome. The other was Devin Hester. He is, in my books, the best kick returner of all time (sorry Dante Hall). This guy is unreal, and is almost a viable Fantasy Draft pick if your league allows points for kick and punt returns. Just nuts.
Moving on to poker now.... are you ready to drop the hammer???

I AM!!!
It's probably one of my favorite moves in poker... playing the hammer CORRECTLY is a fine art and should not be exploited. But when executed to perfection, it can make the strongest players look very very foolish. It also has a sense of power, like it knows it is being played and the poker gods allow for such wonderful flops like 2-2-7 or 2-2-A! Now that is one that gets people good.
I look forward to the challenge tomorrow. You should stop by and donate like me if you're not busy watching LOST or the Canucks.

No comments:
Post a Comment