13.2.07

The fastest poker game I've ever played in...

I started out the evening by jumping onto Fulltilt and trying to qualify for the Monday 30K guaranteed tournament in one of those $6 sat. and managed to hang around for about an hour before donking out. Then I played in a token tourney and who do I see two to my left but none other than Smokkee... ok great, well at least I can try to use that to my advantage. He only raised me on the button once and other than that we basically stayed out of each other's way. He, of course, went on to win a token whereas, I, proceed to donk off another $8 when I pushed all in 3x the raise from the BB with AK (huge donkey move) after UTG+1 raises POT. All the while Smokkee is watching me donk it up and he calls me with AA... GG me. I suck.

So I hit the road and headed over to the club for some live game SnG's where we usually get 5-6 players and we play for either $10 or $20 a shot, 80/20 split. So there is this guy at our regular game, let's call him Wrong Saunders. Wrong seemed to be always right tonight. Regardless of how far ahead a person was pre-flop, he would suck on on either the turn or the river. It was ridiculous. First, let me preface this fine tale with the fact that Wrong is the biggest maniac that you will ever meet at the poker table. I am serious, you would be blown away by how nuts this guy plays sometimes. When he's feelin' it, you are in trouble. There isn't really any other way to say it... he is just. plain. nuts. period.

Needless to say, the title says it all. We were in a 5 man game tonight and big hands were getting called by Wrong non stop and he was crushing them with consistent and fugly donkey calls back to back to back to back. It was sick. He won exactly 4-5 hands to take out 4 people. The only reason he did not win 4 in a row is because I folded to his re-raise preflop. Yes, you got it. I folded my way to second place without even playing a single hand. When I finally picked up AK on the 5th hand of the game I raise it and he reraises me IN THE DARK and I call. He tables 6-9 soooooted and hit his 6 on the flop. GG everyone. I continued to donate and lose every coin flip possible. It just wasn't my night, it certainly wasn't right, and it makes me wonder why I even play this game. Like what the fuck is the point.

I grind away on Fulltilt and have turned my first deposit into a nice little bank roll, but when it comes down to beating a live table with a bunch of donkey's who only play once a week, it makes me sick to my stomach. I'm better off just sticking to online, but I feel like I need more live game experience not only for the person to person aspect and social aspect of hangin with your buddies, but also to WIN in any situation.

I'm just not sure where poker is taking me these days. I'm not sure that the time I am putting in is making a difference. I guess I just need to make better decisions over all. Decisions about work, poker and life in general.

1 comment:

smokkee said...

i've pushed AK into AA more times than i can remember in those turbo token sng's. shit happens.