Of course, there are always minor issues such as the pizza being late and the beer being late (which later turned into +EV). Regardless though, it went over well, and it was all over in under 5 hours which worked out well too. Back to the beer. So apparently the beer delivery guy quit that morning and they were running late. No worries, we have other beer to tide us over. So an hour later the beer arrives and it is a 50 litre keg, and not the 30 litre keg that I actually ordered (and paid for). Ok cool... ummmm let's drink. 3o hours later we emptied it. Phew.
What a weekend. So, after finishing the remainder of the keg Sunday evening (before, during and after the Canucks PPV) I logged on to Full Tilt, fully expecting to donk away at the WPBT event #2. I was late. I knew this though (beeeerrrrrr). Luckily, I pre-registered with a token I had won last week sometime. Much to my surprise, I had only spent about 200 in chips on blinds prior to me playing a hand. It seems that Omaha and I get along. I have very little experience in the game, but I must say, I really do enjoy it. It is really does feel like a more complete game with regards to decision making. Paying attention, playing tight and being patient were the keys for me.
Seeing as it was POT limit, that also threw in another version of this great game of poker that I had not had much experience in either. But I was not afraid. Congratulations to Mattazuma... he played very well and managed his stack with patients and aggression. Heads up action was challenging, however I couldn't overcome the 3-1 chip lead that Mattazuma amassed when we got down to the final 4. I did manage to stick to my table image and exploit it, but when I flopped two pair after raising preflop I figured it was time to either take it down or watch the end of the Oscars... Congrats to Martin, Forrest and Jennifer...
Anyway, it worked out about as well as I could have expected. I mean, I can't say I'm not angry that I didn't take it down when I was so close, but I'll take it considering the circumstances. I look forward to event #3 in March.

4 comments:
Pretty good start to the WPBT there. Looks like you're holding your own with no problem.
Nice work, man.
Congratulations on taking 2nd place last night - great start!!!!
Nice job!
Great Blog Poker Chips
Post a Comment