24.4.07

NHL Playoffs Round 2

First off, let me shout out a big YAHOOOOOOOOO!!!! The Canucks pulled it off in dramatic fashion winning game 7 last night and moving on to the second round. One round does not make a championship, but it does mean that they only have 12 more wins to go!

Here's how I did in the first round:

The West: I got each series winner correct, but never got the number of games right in any of them

The East: I got each series winner correct except for Pittsburg. I am not sure what I was thinking there. Ottawa was just way too tough and Emry is looking much better than I expected. Regardless of what I though Sid could bring to the table, it was just too soon. But look out, the Pens look like they are for real now and I wouldn't be surprised if they go very deep next year.

Here are my picks for Round 2:

The West:
(1) Detroit vs. (5) San Jose Sharks - I'll take the Red Wings in 7
(2) Anaheim vs. (3) Vancouver - I'll take the Canucks of course in 6 games (at home)

The East:
(1) Buffalo vs. (6) New York - As much as I want the Rangers to win, I have to stick with Buffalo in 6 games.
(2) New Jersey vs. (4) Ottawa - I like the Senators to win in a dramatic 7th game.

See you at the Mooooook tomorrow.

3 comments:

PokahDave said...

I think the Sharks are going to finally bury the old men that are the RedWings. I know your a homer for the Canucks but Luongo will have to stand on his head to beat the Duckys. The East should be one hell of series between the Devils and Sabres....we all know that it'll come down to those two. Canucks vs. Sabres in the cup? That could be interesting.....

lightning36 said...

Gawd - this is painful stuff for a Blackhawks fan to read ...

Astin said...

Check your mail man. I'm heading out Monday. Meet up Tuesday night?