10.5.07

Damn it, I've been tagged

I was hoping to fly under the radar as I jumped around the various blogs and noticed that people had been "tagging" each other... whatever that means. I don't really see any instructions listed anywhere but from what I can gather I am supposed to just write seven things about myself that no one knows and then tag 7 people... I don't even think 7 people read this blog on a regular basis... but here we go (oh and thanks a lot Kitty Kat!):

1) 6 years and one month ago to the day I went in for both lower and upper jaw surgery. I had a large underbite and they moved my top jaw forward 1cm and my bottom jaw back 1 inch. The surgery took 5.5 hours and after they were done... it just did't look right. So I went back a month later and they fixed it after another 1.5 hours. I don't regret any of it one bit. Benfits included losing 17 pounds ( I didn't eat bread or drink beer for 3 months and my meals consisted of blended anything and everything... I even tried mac'n'cheese in the blender and I don't recommend it at all... ew).

2) In grade 3 we used to chuck apple cores at big trucks from the school yard as they drove by in the morning. One day I hit a truck, it pulled over and the guy got out and chased me. I was so scared I ran into the bushes and eventually came out in tears. I got suspended.

3) Speaking of suspensions, I also stole the grade 9 socials provincial final exam with two other buddies. We got caught (thankfully in hindsight) but only because one of the guys ran down the hall screaming "they got the final! they've got the final!!" Sure enough the good ol' church girl turned us in. I got suspended, didn't have to write the final and still came out with a B (did I mention we had the key to his briefcase?)

4) My best round in golf is 8 under par (64). 6 birdies and eagle. no bogies. I don't think I will ever repeat it, it was just one of those days where everything came together. I was a putting machine and hit every par 5 in two.

5) I've been golfing for almost 20 years and I still don't have a hole in one. I am not sure if I'll ever get one... it's such a crap shoot anyway, but I'd still like to luck out one day.

6) I came 4th in a national accounting exam... 3 spots got recognized and paid. Totally rigged.

7) My cat Frank thinks he is spiderman. I recently caught him climbing up the stucco of our apartment building trying to meet up with the cat the floor above us (we live on the 2nd floor). He has also just learned how to jump on the railing and within less than a second spring himself 5 feet horizontally accross to an adjacent roof overhang type thingy. Needless to say, Frank is not allowed on the balcony unsupervised any more. He's looked like a flying squirel! I clipped his hind leg when he went for his last jump and he fell to the ground a little stunned. He only has 6 lives left now...

Ok so now I have to tag people. I am not sure if they have already been tagged, and I am not even going to notify them of such. If they read this, they will do the right thing and bow down to the this silly ritual as did I:

Buddy Dank
High on Poker
Julius Goat
Just another Donkey
Lightning36
RecessRampage Pokertachi
Raveen

Have a good weekend everyone. I'm off to a stag in Whistler where there'll be lots of booze, golf and poker...

7 comments:

Pseudo_Doctor said...

bastard...as i was reading this i was hoping i wouldnt tagged....alas the jig is up...

Unknown said...

What's your closest you've ever come to a Hole in One?

1 Inch for me. TWICE.

That is the ultimate suckout.

IT

Matt said...

What does this mean, that I have to post 7 random-ass facts about me?

Fine then.

Jordan said...

Thanks for the taggage. I was starting to feel like the fat kid in dodgeball.

Buddy Dank said...

Me too!

lightning36 said...

Time for me to pass it on, bro

DangerMouse said...

Hey thanks for the comment, glad you enjoyed the article. Did you mean you have a copy of the original Sun Tzu and The Art of War or have you got the version based on poker?

If it`s the former I hope you enjoy it, if it`s the latter could you let me know the title and if it`s any good?

BTW Lightning struck I got tagged . . .