I said I would do this each round, so I'm sticking with it. The fact that the Canucks are now on the golf course makes this a bit more difficult because I honestly don't care as much anymore. I am sure that others are feeling the same way about their teams as well.
Here's how I did in the second round:
The West: I went 1-1 with the craptastic Ducks beating the Nucks in 5... The Red Wings basically domintated the Sharks and won it in 6 games. Expect some changes in San Jose during the off season. I wouldn't be surprised if their coach gets fired sooner than later.
The East: I went 2-0, although both Buffalo and Ottawa were much more dominate than I expected. I look forward to a great match up here in the third round.
Here are my picks for Round 3:
The West: (1) Detroit vs. (2) Anaheim - well I guess I am cheering for the Ducks now. I really have no choice. Why not cheer for the team you lost to in the hopes that they go all the way. Then you can say "hey at least we lost to the Stanley Cup Champs." Detroit looks very very good though. This is going to be a great series and if the Ducks can control the puck and minimize their penalites (the Red Wings dominated the power play all year) then I like their chances. I'll take the Ducks in 7.
The East: (1) Buffalo vs. (4) Ottawa - As much as I am supposed to cheer for the only remaining Canadian team... I really think that the Sabres will take this series. I'll be cheering for the Sens, but look for the Sabres to win this in 6. The Sens will really be hungry to put an end to their lack of finishes in the playoffs so I am sure this will be a very phsyical matchup and could even go 7 games with a few overtimes throughout.
9.5.07
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
i think once the senators stop trying to go end to end with buffalo and start playing more physical then buffalo they will take the series in 6
Post a Comment