16.10.07

Death is a bitch

I don't even know what to write. I just figured I should. Maybe it will make me feel better right? "Age is just a number". It's not really about how "long and wonderful of a life you've had" no matter what people say. It's not about that at all. I used to say "it's all about the experience" throughout my twenties. I'd always say that right before the next adventure. Sure, I'd be contradicting myself if I didn't say that at the time, it was true. I have always been one to keep my emotions in check. Those of you who really know me (probably no one that reads here regularily) will say that I am a pretty even steven type of a guy. I mean, sure, there is something to be said about "living each day to its fullest" and "not regretting it when you are old" because you never went through with something, faced your fears, or even just tried something that you never had the balls to do when you were younger. I agree with all of that. However, there comes a time in everyone's life where we must face death. Stare it right in the face and ask what's next. This is an experience that I think I can safely say... no one looks forward to. Death is a bitch, but we've all got to go through it. It's not about me and it's not about you. It's about the person knocking on death's door. It's not about anyone else. It is and should only be about the ones you love and surrouding yourself with them during these tough times. Make sure they know it before it's too late... because it is THAT experience, that you will never forget.

Take care.

P.S. - I am fine, but when it rains, it pours.

9 comments:

yabi said...

What stays in Vegas....

=( Sorry to hear your down man. Take care of yourself!

jamyhawk said...

I hope whatever you are going through makes you stronger for it.

Anonymous said...

Nice blog! More people should read it. If you want, you can register your blog www.pokerweblogs.com. It is free and and it automatically updates when you do an update, so visitors of our site can see when you updated your blog. The big advantage is that it will attract much more visitors to your blog.

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

You know what else is a bitch? Life after 30... 20s was key... I miss my 20s...

lightning36 said...

Hope you're doing okay. I'll give you a call today or tomorrowday to talk about Las Vegas.

CarmenSinCity said...

Your coming with three single guys? Definitely stop by the MGM Friday night! ha ha

CarmenSinCity said...

Seriously, Friday night we'll be at the MGM, I won't be playing Saturday. So, definitely come by.

CarmenSinCity said...

Stop teasing me. I love late 20's single hockeyish type guys!!!! We will be at the MGM around 10 p.m. Before that we are playing in an MTT at the Stratosphere at 8 p.m. It's actually a cheap tourney with a good structure, join us at the Stratosphere if you want.

My number is 702-238-2879 if you need to get a hold of me!

See ya Friday!

CarmenSinCity said...

Well, we are just getting to the MGM at 10 p.m., so we'll be there pretty late, but if you can't make it, don't worry about it. I'm getting my hair done on Saturday, but I could always come down to the strip afterwards and play some more poker. I don't have any plans for Saturday night yet.

The Paris is nice. I liked it. I did a poker room review, but I don't think she posted it yet. They have a TINY poker room - only 8 tables.