Trip Report – Vegas Day 1
We arrived in Vegas at about 11pm and hopped into our limo which was graciously reserved by one of my buds (ND). He’s the man with the plan this time and if it wasn’t for him this trip would have never gotten off the ground.
We started drinking as soon as we could, which meant our first round was before our plane even left the ground. I made numerous attempts to make some early prop bets but no one would bite… just yet. So we get on the plane and hammer back 3-4 more drinks each and as we are descending I finally get my first taker. I asked him how long he thought it would be until we landed… as we looked out the window and saw the Vegas lights and the bright beam that shone straight up from the pyramid otherwise known as the Luxor (never been there), I gave him the choice to set the over under in minutes AND have first choice. He set it at 12 minutes until we land and took the over! LOL, so I laughed a little, bet 5 bucks and in less than 5 minutes I had won my first bet in Vegas.
Of course, I gave him a chance to win it back. I bet him another 5 on whose bag would come down the carrousel first… he won. Even already, and I haven’t even left the Vegas Airport!
So we jump in the limo and head to the Mirage. I have never stayed at the Mirage; in fact this was only my second trip to Vegas, and my first in 10 years. For those of you who have never been to the Mirage… GO! It is great there to say the least. The food was awesome; I never had a bad meal (although I stayed away from a lot of the iffy choices) and never had to stand in line for more than 10 minutes at a time.
Ok, so we head to our room, quickly get changed and get downstairs to the bar (the one right across from the check in counter and just down the way from JET). A few $16 drinks later we decide to go to the JET nightclub that is attached to the Mirage. By this time we are all feeling great and hopped up on the two drinks of choice which were RedBull & Vodka or Rye & Coke… doubles of course.
Before we go into the club I start to feel a bit weird. It’s that feeling you get when you’ve had too much Redbull… you follow me? So I do the manly thing and hit the can and do a little dry heave and instantly feel better. I come out of the bathroom and see that the guys are already going in the door… I yell “hey wait up!” and decide that JUMPING over the ropes is the best idea to catch up… now please note that I’m a bit of a moron that way and don’t really know how things work. The next thing I know there are 4 doormen swarming me!! Swarm swarm! I get caught, but thankfully ND saw this going down and quickly slipped the bouncer $50 to get me in. Phew (I guess). In return I paid for his cover ($30 each!) and we are off and running. Yadda yadda, we are hammered and myself and CD (buddy #2) decide that it would be smart to play some poker… ummm yeah. Smart.
I get sat at a different table than CD and before I can even post my first blind CD is yelling “I need more chips!” He’s a donkey, but he was also very very drunk. Not a good combo at all. He picked up A6sooooted and decided to push all in preflop! The guy to his left insta-calls after stating “this guy is drunk” and flips over Aces. Nice one CD you dumb fuck. Rebuy! Another 1.5 hours later he is sent packing and $500 lighter in the wallet. I get a call from him an hour after that (still completely smashed as he doesn’t even remember calling me, in fact he doesn’t remember donating that last hundo either!) and I eventually find him on the floor of our bathroom in the fetal position passed out!
I crawl into bed at 7am (up for 24 hours straight) and call it a night. How did I do in poker you might ask? Well I played about as well as a drunk Schaubs can… but I had nothing to show for it. I ended up shoving my last $60 into the pot after about 5 hours and no re-buys and I really can’t even remember what I had! Stuck for $200 already! Don’t worry, there’s more poker content to follow. That night is still a bit fuzzy… although it was a lesson that I would learn and use to my advantage in the mornings to come…
26.10.07
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
"shoving my last $60 into the pot after about 5 hours and no re-buys and I really can’t even remember what I had"
I LMAO at that because I have done the same thing. As a matter of fact, I usually have to check my bankroll in the morning to see if I won or lost the night before (when I'm in Vegas).
Poker in Vegas is the most boring part!!! I think this might be one of your best posts EVER. :)
Too bad we couldn't connect up. I doubt that you would have remembered anyway.
Looking forward to the rest of your trip report.
sound slike your having some much needed fun. Keep us updated!
Remember, Mirage has cheap SNG's =0)
Post a Comment