9.12.09

Booked

Ok, it's officially official now. I am in. Flight is booked, room is arranged, backup plans are in place. Golf clubs are being left at home, rentals will do. This will be my first solo mission to Vegas. In my previous 5 times, there was always someone, usually more than one that I would travel with. The last time I went was with over 50 people for a wedding.

Two years ago I made the trek for my first WPBT gathering. I didn't get the chance to meet everyone and there are those people that I hope to hang with a bit more this time. I also didn't play all the games I wanted to such as Pai Gow! and the mixed games at MGM. I'm in it for the fun. Last time playing in the mixed game seemed like such a waste of money. Now I know better.

Two of the best ways to tip your waitresses are either to drink at a Pai Gow table or to drink at a poker table. I plan on doing both. Beers at the golf course will also be consumed.

I arrive at 10pm on Thursday and leave at a reasonable time Sunday which will allow me to be home by dinner. Sleep lots, and off to my new job on Monday.

Unemployement has been eventful. I've been knocking this off "my list" on a daily basis. the to'do's have been dwindling and relaxation has ensued.

Last weekend we went to Whistler. We hit the icey pactches but never fell once. The Peak to Peak chair was amazing and you can definitely tell that the Olympics are just around the corner.

I played in a live poker tournament yesterday and hit my first ever Royal flush in level 2. I held AQc UTG and limped hoping to see a cheap flop. The CO min-raised and the SB called. I called and the flop came Kc-Jc-Ah

The SB checked and so did I with the intention of shoving any c-bet. The CO bet as expected. What I wasn't expecting was to see the SB shove. I insta-shoved and the CO called.

CO and SB flipped of AK. I was on a huge club draw, outs galore. I didn't wait long as the turn brought a club (fist pump) and then a double take... it was the 10 of clubs! Double fist pump, triple up!! I played well from there on, but these quickaments are so fast that by the time the second break came around there were 14 people left and I only had 10BB's left. Needless to say my A9o got run over by AKd from the chip leading lucksac and I went home with some newly found confidence... just in time!

Golf, I really can't wait to play. Joe Speaker and Astin's buddy ("M") are on my team. I really wish CK could make it, as she has worked so hard to get it organized. We will enjoy her hard work and drink her honor often.

I'm not even bringing my golf shoes! Crazy I know. I see that the forecast might have a bit of rain in store for us? That would suck, but I've done it before. Carts and booze will make me forget the wet stuff instantly. Besides, its not like it will be COLD rain as I used to here in my home town. Rain pants are packed just in case.

See ya soon!!

1 comment:

Shrike said...

Enjoy and represent our province well!

-PL