I'm a very loyal person when it comes to who I work for as a professional. I've only ever had two jobs in the past TWELVE years... until now.
Patiently, I wait.
I have officially left my current position, however I will not be starting my new opportunity for a couple of weeks. Not by accident, my first day of work is the day after I return from the WPBT weekend. I haven't officially booked my trip yet... but that is a small detail that will be handled during my two week break prior to my start date. Actually, now that I think about it, there are only 9 days left!
This process has taken just about as long as I have been inconsistently blogging and I know it's not a coincidence. There was so much going on, so much to think about, that I didn't really find the time or the interest to keep at it. The obvious answer is - I'm not a writer. The words just don't flow freely. Other reasons such as privacy and anonymity also contributed to my lack of commitment and excitement.
Poker. That is how this (the blog) all started right? I'm not sure. I know it's why it all started, and I am grateful for all the people I have met and the friends I have made. I look forward to meeting with most of you in a very short time.
I started this blog for the freerolls and the chance at some ad dollars to fund my developing poker habits. The ad dollars definitely allowed me to learn the game, and the blog allowed me to play against some very tough competition and learn at a faster pace (mostly from other blogs). At some point I realized that poker was only ever going to be a hobby. Nothing more.
My time at my last job (I can say that now because my last day was yesterday) was very fulfilling and educational. It was a step that was completely necessary in my development both personally and professionally. More often than not, I learned what not to do. Similar to poker.
Playing in those freerolls and small buyin Mookie type tournaments gave me an opportunity to observe and learn. Watching people at work emplode at a rapid pace because of money and greed was definitely eye openning.
*inside joke duh
1.12.09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Enjoy Vegas! Best of luck in the new job.
-PL
Bro, I can't wait to drink with you. Unemployment woot!
And personally love the fine print disclosure. I really loved my previous company.
PS. Me too. 2 jobs in 11 years. Wait, 13 yrs? WTF, you're the same age dude... how do you have 2 years on me!?
Best of luck going forward Schaubsy! Like I always say, good things happen to good people.
:)
See you soon.
Post a Comment