14.4.10

Oh yeah, I played Poker last Friday

I always forget to talk about poker these days. I totally forgot that I played some cash game action over at the River Rock casino on Friday night. I guess the reason I forgot was, well... I was drunk. Drunk poker is not good poker and should be forgotten as quickly as possible. Friday night started out with me taking off from work on time (imagine that) and then whipping over to my home course to join up with Thordong, Funk and Penski on the back nine. Nothing eventful there. After that we went upstairs for some burgers, nachos, riblets and of course... more booze. We drank and played some pool, gambled of course. Then went over to the shed and played darts. Drank more and watched sports highlights. It starts to get fuzzy right around then. I think it was about 10pm by the time we got there. All of the sudden it was midnight and it was Penski's 40th bday. So we drank some more. At 2am we decided that it was time to play some cards so we got a ride over to the casino from Funk. Funk went home because he had a tee time for the next morning. When we arrived at the poker room we managed to get two of us at the same table for 1/2. Thordog was on his own but then I grabbed him and moved him when a seat openned up. So there we were, drunk at 230am side by side playing 1/2 NL and there were 7 other regulars staring at us licking there chops. I fronted Thordog a $100 buyin. Penkski came up with the idea that we would all payout everyone's buyin's from our total earnings for the night. I have done this before with him and came out ahead. I can't remember much poker but I do remember rivering a set of tens and spewed my first $140 when the guy rivered a flush. I couldn't get away from it and paid him off. I went and grabbed $200 more and ran that up to $350 while beratting a kid who thought he was pro. I just kept telling him that Math was calling. He was a little whiny bitch for sure. I remember that much. Thorndog ended up folding for an hour and then doubled up with Aces. Patience pays off sometimes. Penksi spewed $200 so all in all he was the only one who lost anything once we transfered Thornog's winnings to him. I think he ended down $50 or whatever. We left at 5:30am and I was in bed by 6am. Masters was starting in 6.5 hours and I had to get up for that obv.

4 comments:

dbcooper said...

I was in there briefly on Friday around 5PM and there was soimething like 24 names on the 1/2 list and about 15 on 2/4. Sounds like its better after midnight

Jordan said...

Just reading this post makes me wanna take a weekend trip to Vancouver and crash on your couch.

Word verification: underr

Schaubs said...

Crash anytime Jordo.

We would rip it up buddddd.


Yeah db, after midnight is the move for sure.

BamBam said...

I'm with Jordan!
But for the fun, Golf and drinking parts.

;)