23.5.07

Recap and bookface

I've figured it out. All else being equal - I play more, I get better results. That goes for golf and poker. Started off slowly with a round of 80 on Saturday... bleah. I played in the Big Game on Sunday and limped to 12th place with NO cards to speak of. I had QQ, 1010 and 33 once... that's it! A few suited aces and I almost made it to the final table. So I am happy with that, considering it was my first Big Game. Monday rolls around and I play golf again. This time I double bogey 18 for a 2 over 74... a bit frustrating, but a good sign. I can take the positives and apply it to this weekend as I prepare for a Pro-Am on Monday and Tuesday. $$ to be made for sure. I then played in the MATH (MTM = My Third Math) where I final tabled and finished 8th ofr some nice points... but no cash.

I think I am on to something here... play more!! practice more! win more!

---
Here is my sister's take on the latest worldwide addiction - facebook. I thought it was pretty funny and stresses the importance of continuous face to face contact. Human contact is becoming less and less of a priority these days for some, and it is important to remember the way it used to be, before we became so dependent on a computer as our primary communication tool.

Her thoughts after I asked her if she was on facebook:

On 5/22/07 3:17 PM, "Schaubs" wrote:

> No not at all.
>
> It is actually pretty cool. I have found 3-4 people that I thought I
> would never hear from again.
>
> Other than that it is dumb. I mean it shows everything you do on there!
> change your pic, everyone knows.
> Change your favorite book, everyone knows.
>
> So in that respect it is pretty annoying.
>
> Its all one big popularity contest... so high school.
---

Sister Schaubs response:

I agree that its cool to hook up with old buddies....interesting.
But other than that, its all shit. Popularity contest - for sure....are you kidding me? Do people really waste their time with that, to make their site the best, and pump up with all big important information about life, and your latest photos...blah blah.....why do that on line when you should be enjoying all the people that you love, and doing the things that you like to do - rather than sit in front of computer telling the world about it. I guess its a hobby for some....but I think LAMEO is the NAMEO here....
Talk about non-personal communication...people post msgs on walls, and talk shit all day long.....what about picking up the phone......? Why post and wait, why not call and talk. First email, then MSN, then Friendster....then this...then what?
---


At first I found it pretty fun, finding people I hadn't seen in 10-12 years... but then it started to get annoying with everyone always talking about it in person anyway. Every picture that is taken "oh that's going on facebook."

So Ghey.

I mean some of it is ok, especially when it comes to the "long lost pal" but overall I'd have to agree with sis. It's getting a bit out of hand. Like I really don't give a shit if you've changed your profile picture, or your favorite movie, or your relationship status. If you are a good friend, I'll talk about it with you on the phone or in person. People are just to dumb to figure out that you (the sender) can disable most of these notifications through privacy controls. Morons.
---

Congrats to Cracknaces, the latest blogger to win his WSOP ME seat. Nice job!! Oh and not to mention the 6.5K in cash winnings this week as well. WOW!

No Mookie for me tonight, but I have managed to climb my way back to 31st place after playing 9 of the first 22 events.

2 comments:

Pseudo_Doctor said...

see i've used facebook since it came out while I was in college and its basically like AIM...not to mention the dude from facebook was offered 1 billion dollars to be bought out and turned it down (fast company magazine article)so its a huge step forward in communication from a technology standpoint.

Just wait once another program comes out like facebook that can integrate IM (like gmail has) with facebook features (all that privacy stuff you can control on who sees what)will be the next huge break through on the interface market. Give it like another 5 years and be on the look out for it because that stock will go through the roof.... and there is nothing easier then writing on someone's wall to communicate then actually having to pick up the phone...remember generation X is lazy...

Buddy Dank said...

everyone knows that all the cool people are on myspace.