13.7.07

Easy come, Easy go

Ok I lied. I can't stay away from the golf course. I'm playing on Sunday (weather permitting of course) with the usual crew. My original plan of going to Victoria fell through, so that opens up the day for a relaxing day of golf, which I rarely seem to accomplish these days. So it will be nice to not have to worry so much about my score, or my villan's score etc. Sure we usually play a game of 2-2-2 with KP's and what not, but it is always much different than when I am in a serious competition for some sort of trophy and all that comes with such a victory. Beers are usually involved on days like this, along with... well you know.

I jumped onto FT last night after a nice dinner at the Keg with my best two buds and Lola of course. The two buds are expecting their first little one and it was a great night to get out and celebrate their first ultra sound. I splurged and added a lobster tail to my already perfectly cooked Fillet (no bacon) medium rare, with a twice baked potato and some broccoli with some cheesy goodness on top. Ok I'll stop there, if you really want to hear about good food, check out this guy.

So here are two hands I played last night. One good and one absolutely fawking terrible. So much so, that I really questioned whether or not I should even be playing at this level altogether. Then I snapped out of it and realized that I am definitly not the donkey (for the most part) at this level (or even a couple of levels up... BR limited), I just need to stick with my reads and not let my curiosity get the best of me.

1. Easy come

The set up: This was the fourth hand in during my session (I think I posted right away) and I look down and see A-8 soooted. I decided to limp UTG. After this hand I was dealt A8 suited two more times and raised and folded them all based on feel.

Full Tilt Poker Game #2930869119: Table Wood Plank - $0.25/$0.50 - No Limit Hold'em - 0:18:30 ET - 2007/07/13
Seat 1: ccaporale ($4.45)
Seat 2: SteelheadGLX ($38)
Seat 3: airwalker309 ($48.65)
Seat 4: RiCAr_dissi ($10.75)
Seat 5: euphologi ($91.80)
Seat 6: BD Mack ($51.30)
Seat 7: Farshee ($110.30)
Seat 8: Schaubs ($49.50)
Seat 9: 0wins ($74.95)
BD Mack posts the small blind of $0.25
Farshee posts the big blind of $0.50
The button is in seat #5
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Schaubs [Ah 8h]
Schaubs calls $0.50
0wins has 15 seconds left to act
0wins folds
ccaporale folds
SteelheadGLX calls $0.50
airwalker309 folds
RiCAr_dissi folds
euphologi calls $0.50
BD Mack folds
Farshee has 15 seconds left to act
Farshee checks
*** FLOP *** [8s 3h 8d]
Farshee has 15 seconds left to act
Farshee checks
Schaubs bets $0.50 <---- bet my trips right? Although it wasn't much at all, I wanted to put something in there to get this pot going.
SteelheadGLX folds
euphologi raises to $3.75 <---- Bingo.
Farshee folds
Schaubs has 15 seconds left to act
Schaubs calls $3.25 <---- I want it all.
*** TURN *** [8s 3h 8d] [Kc]
Schaubs checks
euphologi bets $7
Schaubs has 15 seconds left to act
Schaubs raises to $22 <---- This is a standard raise that seems to work nicely.
euphologi raises to $75.75
Schaubs calls $23.25, and is all in
euphologi shows [7c 8c] <---- watch out for those sooted connectors kids.
Schaubs shows [Ah 8h]
Uncalled bet of $30.50 returned to euphologi
*** RIVER *** [8s 3h 8d Kc] [9s]
euphologi shows three of a kind, Eights
Schaubs shows three of a kind, Eights
Schaubs wins the pot ($97.25) with three of a kind, Eights
euphologi adds $7.70
*** SUMMARY *** Total pot $100.25 Rake $3
Board: [8s 3h 8d Kc 9s]
Seat 1: ccaporale didn't bet (folded)
Seat 2: SteelheadGLX folded on the Flop
Seat 3: airwalker309 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: RiCAr_dissi didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: euphologi (button) showed [7c 8c] and lost with three of a kind, Eights
Seat 6: BD Mack (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 7: Farshee (big blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 8: Schaubs showed [Ah 8h] and won ($97.25) with three of a kind, Eights
Seat 9: 0wins didn't bet (folded)

I don't think I would have played that any differently... your thoughts?

2. Easy Go

I'm a moron. Nuff said.

Full Tilt Poker Game #2931070210: Table Wood Plank - $0.25/$0.50 - No Limit Hold'em - 0:39:26 ET - 2007/07/13
Seat 1: tardonk ($49.75)
Seat 2: SteelheadGLX ($67.30)
Seat 3: airwalker309 ($51.05)
Seat 4: gr8beast ($68.75)
Seat 5: euphologi ($50.60)
Seat 6: BD Mack ($55.70)
Seat 7: Farshee ($95.35)
Seat 8: Schaubs ($96.65)
Seat 9: 0wins ($50)
SteelheadGLX posts the small blind of $0.25
airwalker309 posts the big blind of $0.50
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Schaubs [Th Ts]
gr8beast folds
euphologi folds
BD Mack calls $0.50
Farshee raises to $2 UTG +1 raise
Schaubs calls $2 <---- set mining 101. But when you whiff, either bet or get out fool!
0wins folds
tardonk folds
SteelheadGLX folds
airwalker309 folds
BD Mack calls $1.50
*** FLOP *** [6d 9d 9c]
BD Mack checks
Farshee bets $2
Schaubs calls $2 <---- raise it up you moron.
BD Mack folds *** TURN *** [6d 9d 9c] [Ah]
Farshee bets $3
Schaubs has 15 seconds left to act
Schaubs raises to $10 <---- now you raise??? are you on glue?
Farshee calls $7 < ---- I even thought to myself here, ok he obviously has AK or AQ. Trust your instincts!!
*** RIVER *** [6d 9d 9c Ah] [3c]
Farshee checks
Schaubs has 15 seconds left to act <---- check it, check it pppppleeeeaase!!
Schaubs bets $24 < ---- get a grip, you just threw it all away.
Farshee calls $24 <---- if he raises, I know I can fold, but it was way too late. Not sure what he was worried about, I guess a set or something along those lines.
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Schaubs shows [Th Ts] two pair, Tens and Nines
Farshee shows [Kc As] two pair, Aces and Nines
Farshee wins the pot ($75.75) with two pair, Aces and Nines
*** SUMMARY *** Total pot $78.75 Rake $3
Board: [6d 9d 9c Ah 3c]
Seat 1: tardonk (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 2: SteelheadGLX (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 3: airwalker309 (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 4: gr8beast didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: euphologi didn't bet (folded)
Seat 6: BD Mack folded on the Flop
Seat 7: Farshee showed [Kc As] and won ($75.75) with two pair, Aces and Nines
Seat 8: Schaubs showed [Th Ts] and lost with two pair, Tens and Nines
Seat 9: 0wins didn't bet (folded)

Comments?
____

I'm learning though, and we all know that learning is half the battle (insert GI Joe theme song here).

____

Chess Challenge Update: The Poker Blogger Chess Challenge is underway. 6 players, 10 bucks each, good luck everyone. 2-0 against BuddyDank and I've almost got HighOnPoker on the ropes.
____

Ok this time I really mean it - Have a good weekend everyone.

2 comments:

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

Hand 1 - very nice
Hand 2 - you said it best. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Ok... I guess you might want suggestions so here goes (hand 2 is so gross, I'm being extra nice here!)

Hand 1 - On a board like that, I could go with not betting on the flop. Giving someone some chance of catching up and maybe represent the K. So, check and call if he bets, K hit, bet out. Just a thought of mixing it up. Either way, it's all good.

Hand 2 - Dude WTF ARE YOU DOING!?!?!? I know, we all have those moments but this was gross. You gotta raise the flop bet. But hey, all the comments you put apply so not sure I can add anything more valuable.

On the turn, A was one card you didn't want to see. But the river was the worst part. You better hope Fuel doesn't see this. :) What was the river bet for? What were you trying to accomplish? Sure, if he had JJ or QQ, it might be a good bet and he may fold. But cut your losses here. That was just badly played on every street.

lightning36 said...

We all strive to be consistent. I guess that is part of what separates the pros from the rest of us.