19.7.07

What was I thinking

I'm cruisin' along in the top 10 for most of the night in Mookie. I'm chip leader for a good portion of the second hour. Katiemother had been raising my blinds every chance she got. She was on my direct right and decided to raise me again out of the SB. I look down at A-10 and decide I am going to put an end to this stealing madness. I re-raise almost all of her stack... and she cold calls... leaving 3k of her 16K left (I had her covered by about 1k). So the flop comes 9-9-7... she shoves. I think and tank. I put her on a big hand, a real big hand QQ-AA.

So what do I do? I fold. I am a moron. I am dumb. I should have just clicked call... like why the fawk would you fold here? Never again. Pot odds are your friend. I lost my mind and I can't even say that I mis-clicked. Damn you Ax (including AQo). I had you probably 15 times last night and you gave me nothing in return.

I was playing very solid poker up to that point. I had not sucked out once, I was getting better than average cards (for me that means a few pocket pairs and flopping a set twice and getting paid) and I folded when clearly the pot odds say that I should have called. Two over cards and I fold? What the fuck was I thinking? Get a grip. I knew I was beat. That is all I can say. But you still need to call here, no excuses!! Regardless, it was over by then and I should have called in the hopes that she had a small pocket pair or any sort of connected King. It still stings. I know you've all been there, but have you ever folded getting such great odds? I doubt it. Me dumb. I just hope she reads this and tells me she honestly had Aces.

So needless to say, I was on tilt. I was talking to RecessRampage and thankfully he talked me out of playing any more poker for the night. He probably saved me two buyins, minimum (Thanks bud). It was that bad. So after donking out in 11th place (of 60) what does Katiemother do the very next hand? She gifts all of her chips away to Drizz! Fawk. Well played...

I decide to listen to BuddyDankRadio for a while longer as it's probably the funniest thing going right now during these donkfests. For some reason I kept calling InstantTragedy "bayne" in the chat. I really thought it was Bayne on the radio, not IT. I kept trash talking bayne as he normally does to me (especially about my striped shirt). When it was all over (Congrats Mike_Maloney) I finally realize that it was not bayne... Me dumb again. A special thanks goes out to BuddyDank as he took me as one of his picks to win the Mookie. Thanks for the jinx dink. You're the best. Warning: if BuddyBoy ever takes you as one of his picks for a prop bet... you're doomed!

Then I go to sleep and I have a dream that I'm just about to tee off in a golf tournament when I decide it would be smart to grab a cactus by the thumbs... WTF... In this uber exciting dream I spent the next 20 minutes pulling out cactus spines out of each thumb with tweezers. Analyze that. I made my tee time, just barely.

____

Moving on. I have to. Sometimes I think that just writing this stuff out really does help. I am able to focus on the next task and put whatever it is that was bothering me behind me.

I better shape up here, and fast. I've got a deepstacks tournament at the FCPC tomorrow night. This non-poster will be there along with Simon and few others that I have only met once. Deepstacks really interest me and the fact that there are only 10 people makes it all the more interesting (sitngo time). I'm not going to go into details about strategy as I know that these two guys might use it against me... but I look forward to walking out the winner if I play, for the most part, the way I was playing last night. I just know that when I re-steal, I'll actually have the cards this time...

6 comments:

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

Hilarious... I was wondering why you kept saying Bayne too. I just let it slide but now I know... lol. And that dream of yours... hilarious. I love being at work, reading blogs, and laughing out loud (seemingly randomly to my coworkers).

Schaubs said...

I was saying Bayne because I was still in shock. I also remember hearing that voice a few weeks back and Bayne was also on the radio at the time. I guess I jsut got confused.

You should have seen some of the spines I was pulling out of my thumbs... they were 4-5 inches long! Just a weird night altogether.

lightning36 said...

Who do you think you are slow playing a set of 8's when you have a poor short stack donkey with pocket 2's? You fiend ... I owe ya one!

Dillo said...

Good work last night Schaubs. Shame on the finish and the 'laydown'. Shizz happens! For mine, pot odds suck when you know you're dead.

Just a quick 'thanx' for the note on my blog the other day. Very cool of you.

And re the weird dreams, you aren't wearing a nicotine patch to bed are ya?! They screw with my mind if I accidently leave it on! Axe mudering type dreams!(I'm two weeks off the ciggies!)

Keep 'releasing thru impact' mate! Poker AND golf!

Wild Deuces 2-3-4 said...

I have to play more of these low limit tournys with you guys and gals. I always seem to make stupid moves in the MATH that just make me embarassed - 77's in to Kings, and Jacks into Aces. (last two times i played)

4dbirds said...

Hi,

Ok, I didn't gift your chips to Drizz, if I remember correctly I had the better hand going in. LOL.

I had queens and didn't put you on a nine so figured I was good. Don't know why I left 3000 instead of shoving. Prolly so I could donk around a few more hands to be sociable.