23.7.07

I won a cooler...?

Just kickin' it waiting for WPBT event #7 (Horse) to start and thought I would recap how my adventure over at the FCPC went on Friday night. With just 10 players at $80 each I treated this little "tournament" with the respect it deserved. I had Fuel on my left (thankfully) and we really didn't get involved in too many pots together. We all started with 20K in chips so it really allowed for a lot of action early. For the most part I played fairly tight and I used that image later to steal a few pots and work my way to up about 40K without showing a hand. I had pocket kings 3 times during that period and never really saw any other pocket pairs at all.

We were down to 8 players after about 2.5 hours of play and I was still yet to show a hand when I picked up pocket Queens on the button. A short stack (about 8K) raised 3x the BB (I think the blinds were 400/800 at the time) from 2 off the button. I re-raised it another 3x to 6K. The SB pushes all in and I have him covered with about 5K left if I lose. My tournament was on the line and I really considered laying down my Queens. In the end I just couldn't do it and I made the call. He flips over Aces (of course) and I don't improve. I go out shortly after that when I pushed my 5.5K (blinds were at 500/1000) into the pot from MP with a shitty A9o (Tilt!) and get called by the button who flips up AJo... gg me. I showed two hands all night. fawk! I had a good time and I see that Eitan won so he must have battled back. He was a shorty for quite some time prior to me leaving.

Anyway, I call Lola on the way home to tell her how it went and I said something like "I got coolered." I guess I assumed she knew what that meant... but I was wrong. When I got home she asked me "where's the cooler you won?" I was like "huh?"

"Yeah you know, the cooler you said you won... where is it??"

Uhhhhh no honey, I got coolered, I didn't win a cooler... I then explained what that meant. We had a pretty good laugh at that one.

4 comments:

Pseudo_Doctor said...

That is awesome....too funny. And here I was expecting to read about you winning a cooler..

Fuel55 said...

That was worthy of a good chuckle!

yabi said...

Enjoyable read!

I'd like to chat with you some time, got MSN Mess?

Anonymous said...

women, geez.

hopefully see you on Aug 10