13.2.08

6 max hand BB vs. SB

I usually hit the 6 max table right after work and grind it out for no more than an hour. After dinner I decided to go back to the table for another 30 minutes...

I shut the computer off and ranted for about... 1 minute about this hand to Lola. Then realized how much variance does suck ass in a majorly ass sucking fucking way. I don't think I made the right decision on any street though so whatever... I wasn't happy about the fact that I didn't raise it pre-flop. I'm not going to say I would raise it 100% of the time in this spot, but I think it was warranted here as I had been consistently aggressive. I don't think he folds anyway:

Seat 1: Studi ($46.95 in chips)
Seat 2: Lola ($27.30 in chips)
Seat 4: sørven ($21.70 in chips)
Seat 5: Ravenater ($12.80 in chips)
Seat 6: sags1866 ($22.25 in chips)
Studi: posts small blind $0.10
Lola: posts big blind $0.25
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Lola [Tc Jh]
sørven: folds
Ravenater: folds
sags1866: folds
sørven leaves the table
Studi: calls $0.15
Lola: checks <---- If I make my standard raise to $1 then I think he probably calls (his stack is deep enough)... but I guess I'll never know that!
*** FLOP *** [8s Qd 9h]
Studi: bets $0.75
Lola: calls $0.75 <---- now that I think about it, raising here would have been a good play too... who knew...
*** TURN *** [8s Qd 9h] [Qs]
Studi: bets $1
Lola: raises $1.75 to $2.75 <---- Now I raise here hoping he does have a Queen, but I don't really consider that he may have flopped two pair or a set (although he would raise with 99 or 88)... bad bad poker. I probably should just call here if I think I am already beat and try to control the pot on the river.
Studi: raises $4.75 to $7.50 <--- At the time, I knew he had a Queen, but never thought to myself... "gee I wonder what his other card could be"
Lola: raises $18.80 to $26.30 and is all-in <---- awwww fuck it, all or nothing!
Studi: calls $18.80
*** RIVER *** [8s Qd 9h Qs] [9s]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Studi: shows [Qc 9c] (a full house, Queens full of Nines) <--- Fuck a Duck!
Lola: mucks hand
Studi collected $52.60 from pot
Lola leaves the table (in disgust!!)
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $54.60 Rake $2
Board [8s Qd 9h Qs 9s]
Seat 1: Studi (small blind) showed [Qc 9c] and won ($52.60) with a full
house, Queens full of Nines
Seat 2: Lola (big blind) mucked [Tc Jh]

If not for this hand my 6 max roll on PS would be at an all time high.

Keep grinding.

8 comments:

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

I'm not saying I won't go broke here but this is one tendency I am starting to see from you. You go very heavy on the betting when a card comes up that could potentially beat your hand. In other words you don't do anything to build the pot when you flop a straight but when the board pairs, all of a sudden you are eager to get your money in. I feel like I've seen you do this when you flop a set but you don't start heavy betting until the turn when it brings a third flush card or something. Again, no matter what you did here pre or post flop, it wouldn't have mattered because it's a setup hand for both players but you should keep that in mind about when to build a pot and when to slow down.

Fuel55 said...

1. Alan is right.
2. Flopped str8s never win - how many times do I have to say it.

Simon said...

pardon me, but i have a trademark on "fuck a duck" please stop using it.

this is a cease and decist warning. next time you will be murdered

also, fuel is a fag

kurokitty said...

That's truly a cooler...

I was telling skidoo this the other day, the Poker Stars' full-ring PL25 games are some of the most profitable ones on the planet...

BamBam said...

Just wondering if you'd pass on a message for me Schaubs?

Can you ask Lola if she'll be my Valentine?

LOL at you playing poker like me.
Bam-Bam in NLHE = <---- awwww fuck it, all or nothing!

Shrike said...

Yeah, I'm really not sure why this hand was played so slowly on the flop . . . time to build a pot with the stone cold nuts. Then once the board pairs, like Alan said, you have to show a little more caution.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lucko said...

Raise pre. Consider it an insult when someone completes into your BB.

Gross turn either way.