I am a believer now. This is the one record that I said could not be broken. It's amazing to think that Tiger could actually pull this off. If he can do this, then there is no telling when the next time will come where someone will actually have a chance to win a tournament that Tiger is playing in. Tiger has now proven that he can come from behind and chase down those chokers. If Tiger is in the hunt, the leader tends to choke more often then not. Tiger is technically 9 wins in a row (if you say they have to occur in one calendar year) away from tying Byron Nelson's 11 consecutive wins record. Can he break it on his way to breaking Lord Byron's 18 wins in one season at the same time?
I've said it here before and I'll say it again: I would be completely and utterly crushed if I it ever came out that Tiger was caught taking HGH or worse yet... roids. Fuck that would be then of my Tiger support right then and there. Until I hear otherwise though, I am a 100% Tiger guy. The more he wins, the more I cheer for him. The bigger the margin of victory the better if you ask me.
Tiger said it best yesterday: "I like [winning] by seven or eight a lot," he said. "It's a lot less stressful."
I could care less if people find it boring, the man is going to go down in history as the greatest EVER.
I heard Junior Seau talk about this (being classified in the "ever" category) yesterday during the Superbowl Pregame show.... and I couldn't agree more.
We all want to be known as the best ever, but most of us just settle for "very good" or "great" or "one of best in his era" but it is very very rare to be the one who is in that special category that we all strive for... It's one of those extremely rare (Gretzky like) categories that only the very elite and magical can stake claim to.
Not much to say about the Superbowl... too bad Patriots!!
All I can say is... what goes around comes around.
Back to Back Mannings!!
----
I moved up levels on FT and am now dabbling in $0.25/0.50 with a little bit of success. Still too early to tell. This guy and this guy have been a big help so far. They solidfied my pre-flop raising requirements as well as my re-raising range. This is going to be a big help moving forward and I expect to see more positive results because of it.
I'm playing this guy in my first round match in HUC6. It might be a bit tough to find a time where we both can play considering he is from Scottland... but I am sure we will work it out soon enough.
Have a good week everyone.
4.2.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Keep loving and keep hoping.
The "real Lord's" two records, will never fall. And you know it. But I like that you have a dream.
Maybe they can get that loose impedement of a canyon, moved for his next shot?
Media darling = greatest ever?
You need to give your head a good shake. Maybe I'll see what Alan can do for me.
I meant to ask. Did you watch this event? Isn't it weird that right after our conversation, every bad shot Tiger hit, someone else was to blame?
"Not in my down swing for God's sake" or "Jesus, C'mon," how about "for the love of God, do you have no class?" They were all great T.V. if you ask me.
The man can swing his ass off in 8" of rough and get away with the shot, that's ok. But heaven's forbid the click of a camera from 40' away if he's in his downswing.
I'm just sayin' Schaubs, make him everyman and I'll cheer like hell. As he is, he's nothing but a robot with poor excuses for bad shots.
He's lucky that was Ernie. No way V.J.'s folding ala' Norman.
You know I'm not a hater. (as far as talent goes) Make him a man, I'll eat my words and cheer like hell.
Until then... Foooooore !
It just goes to show you how focused he is... every minute detail is magnified.
It's not his fault the beer swilling socially inept fans have no concept of etiquitte.
Media has nothing to do with what he does on the golf course. You can't deny that he will be known as the greatest ever when it's all said and done.
I think it's eatting away at you.
I'm a grumpy old man, EVERYTHING eats away at me!
;o}
Post a Comment