A HUGE congrats goes out to Surflexus who managed to pull of the victory last night in a heads up battle against NewinNov. That makes it 7, yes SEVEN, Mookie titles for Surf. Just awesome.
I made a prop bet with InstantTragedy last night on whether or not Mookie or Hoy would win a Mookie by the end of the year. He said no, so we made a friendly wager. I figure one of those two is going to win by December. Either of them could take it down at any given time, they just need a little lucksackreversalofthedonkeysuckout magic to ensure victory. One of these weeks one of them will get hit with the deck and take it down and I will have made some lunch money. Good luck boys.
Anyway, BDR was a blast. I have no idea how I did or how I sounded, but I know one thing... I had a fucking great time. So there is that at least. I didn't even have the actual radio on while I was talking so I never ever heard myself or how the conversations were sounding. But whatever, I'm not too worried considering the peak listenership was somewhere near 40 or so at one point in the show. Not that that matters, I think this show is great stuff and I look forward to coming back... if they'll have me.
I played in the Mookie and the Dookie last night, while chatting it up and eventually donking out (you be the judge) in the Mookie. I don't see how I can get away from QQ in the SB, but somehow I need to learn how to lay that down when it is obvious that the raising player has a big hand. I think the blinds were 120/240 or so, there are 20 people left and I was in good shape with about 5300 chips. He raised to 1200 or so (there was an EP limper too who eventually folded), I pushed and he inst-O-called. He flipped over his Aces and that was that.
The Dookie worked out a little better. I didn't plan on paying much attention but once we got to the final table I tried my best to play my game and it worked out well as I took the thing down for a nice $45 win. I know, big buck big bucks, but a win is a win. PLH is a game I enjoy and have had some decent success at, so it was nice to get back into the winner's circle again, even if it was the donkfest otherwise known as the Dookie. I think that is my 3rd Dookie now, although I'd trade all three of them for a Mookie title most def.
The BB3 is upon us so start stacking up those tokens (big and small) and get ready for another 3 months of poker grindage.
21.2.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Its not going to happen.
NOPE!
If they ever got heads up FT would crash.
The RNG will not let it happen.
It was great having you on last night!
IT
Congrats on the Dookie! I wish I could win one (never played in it)-- remember, one man's Dookie is another man's Mookie! lol
Tick , Tick , Tick. The Easiest $10 bucks I have EVER MADE!
BOOOOOOOOMMMM!!
IT
You just jinxed yourself.
Post a Comment