Saturday morning was beautiful here, and I am sure you can guess what that means.... Schaubs is going golfing! This would be the second time I teed it up in 2008 and the first time at my home course this year. We went out as a threesome and decided to have individual matches against each other playing a $2-2-2 game with $1 KP's (there are 5, and if you win them all - it doubles). I wasn't too sure about how I would play, but historcally I have been able to hold my own when I have had a lot of time off. I can't explain why, but I seem to play a bit better than usual. I hit the range before we went out, and was feeling indifferent about what my game may bring me, all I knew was that the sun was shinning and it was the weekend. I couldn't really ask for much more on weekend in February.
I'm gonna stop right now with the details, because honestly, reading about someone's golf round is almost as bad as listening to someone talk about their round. It gets very boring, very quickly. heck, it's almost as bad as listening to a bad beat story sometimes. Really it just comes down to the person, and the golf story they are actually going to tell. If it's just going to be about all the near misses and chances and unlucky breaks that you were "dealt" then forget it. I do, however, make time to listen to someone tell me a hole or two without asking for a buck, but usually after that I zone out and find something else to do... like drink beer.
So here is the short version: Rolled in a 20 footer from off the green on #2 to steal the KP from Penski. Miss 4 putts inside 4 feet throughout the day. Chip in on 15 for birdie. Drove the green on the par 5 17th and made the eagle putt. Win all 5 KP's from Penski for $10 and win $25 overall from my two competitors.
The highlight of the day was obviously the 17th hole. The tees were up on this 290 par 4 as they were re-seeding the regular tee box and it was under construction. Therefore, the hole measured 245 yards in total and the pin was in the front left corner. You still had to carry the water (carry it about 230 yards) if you wanted to reach the green. Penski was up first as I had just bogied the 16th to make the match even. He stepped up and drove the green with his choked down driver. Not only was the KP sweep in jeopardy, but so was my chances of winning the match if I didn't step up and hit a good one. Well, I don't think I can remember the last time I hit a shot where I actually thought it might go in the hole right after I hit it. It was flying right at the stick and didn't move... landed 1 yard short of the pin, bounced of the pin and stopped about 8 feet away. I made the putt as mentioned, but still wonder if and when I'll ever get that elusive hole in one. If my first one ever comes on a par 4... then all the better! Oh well.
Saturday night I had planned to try and meet up with Fuel and CC as they were playing a 6 max tournament ($200+20). Neither of them did that great, so when I was done golf, they were already bounced. I think CC finished 25th and Fuel went down in flames early.
After the round Penski and I decided that instead of going to the Casino that we'd go over to our buddies house and watch the Canucks and have some more beers. We played donkey hour poker ($0.25/0.50, $10 buyin) and spewed off about 30 bucks each while we drank. There was also darts and foosball, so overall it was a great time. Then all of the sudden the Miller brother's come in and they have RockStar for PS3. They went home, packed it up, and brought it over.
Now this thing is much more than I expected. Especially the drums... actually I am not sure what I was expecting. Either way, it was awesome. I tried the drums and the guitar first, and pretty sucked ass at the easy level. All it takes is a little practice and by the end of the song I was starting to get the hang of it. The singing is where I excelled at, somehow. I grabbed the mike and jammed with the Miller brothers for a couple of songs and worked my way up to hard. Then I finally said "give me expert" - admittedly I was more than few beers deep at that point. I managed to pull off 86%, and apparantly that is good... so yeah, maybe I should go pro? Since I nailed it? Pfffft. I love drunk singing though, good times. Now I just need to find it for Wii, I hear it is coming out soon.
Sunday was filled with more sunny times. We hung out in Penski's back yard and played washers and drank beer. Went home in the afternoon and instead of watching the Oscars with Lola and the family (I refuse to watch the Oscars if I haven't seen any of the movies) I.... hmmmmm played poker! Obv.
I signed up for one of those 18 person SnG's - the $6 one where they award 4 tokens. I played like a tighty and remember reading Jordan's post about how tight you really should play in these things. Laying down double paint in EP is hard sometimes, but I stuck to it. At the same time, I played in $14 token frenzy and managed to win one of those as well. Bubbled in a $10 KO though so that kinda stung. Overall it was a great weekend.
Congrats to RecesseRampage for beating Fuel 3 straight! I never would have predicted that as I knew that Fuel was on quite the roll heading into the match. He even won 9 straight matches yesterday alone. Go check it out. Recess is already in the Finals and I can't even arrange to play my second round match... Where are you Wes?
Congrats to Hoy as well, 11K holy crap.

1 comment:
1) That was me squeezing CK so tight, that all she could say was Heh-row!
2) Credit given where credit is due, 'it' played amazing golf.
3) Tell another story about getting out to golf while we still have about 4' on the ground at home, I'm coming out there to kick your ass!
Hmmmm.... wait!
TELL ANOTHER STORY! TELL ANOTHER STORY!
Post a Comment