I scheduled my match with knightsridge to be played at around noon on Saturday as he lives in Scotland and is 8 hours ahead of me. This would work to my advantage as I think he had already started drinking in the early evening of his weekend. I, however, was still hung over from the night before. I rarely drink hard booze, but somehow found myself slamming my last double vodka at 2am as my group told me that we were about to leave. We had planned ahead and had a hotel room booked down the street. It was a great call because after I hit up the $2 pizza place I was fast asleep about 45 minutes later.
I woke up with a pounding headache, but was determined to make it home in time to ensure I didn't have to reschedule. I've read in numerous places about how hard it is to actually get seated in HU match with someone you are intending too... and all the reports are true, it's a bitch! Anyway, we finally got a table together at FT (I suggested this because of the rematch feature) and we were off and running.
Match 1: on the 33rd hand we found ourselves dead even in chips:
Seat 1: Schaubs (1,500)
Seat 2: Knightsridge (1,500)
Knightsridge posts the small blind of 15
Schaubs posts the big blind of 30
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Schaubs [Jh Jd]
Knightsridge raises to 90
Schaubs raises to 210
Knightsridge calls 120
*** FLOP *** [4d 9s Th]
Schaubs bets 270
Knightsridge raises to 1,290, and is all in
Schaubs calls 1,020, and is all in
Knightsridge shows [Td Qs]
Schaubs shows [Jh Jd]
Knightsridge: nice
*** TURN *** [4d 9s Th] [2h]
*** RIVER *** [4d 9s Th 2h] [7s]
Knightsridge shows a pair of Tens
Schaubs shows a pair of Jacks
Schaubs wins the pot (3,000) with a pair of Jacks
Knightsridge: nh
Knightsridge stands up
Schaubs stands up
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 3,000 Rake 0
Board: [4d 9s Th 2h 7s]
Seat 1: Schaubs (big blind) showed [Jh Jd] and won (3,000) with a pair of Jacks
Seat 2: Knightsridge (small blind) showed [Td Qs] and lost with a pair of Tens
Match 2: I made a silly push 23 hands into this one and got caught:
Seat 1: Knightsridge (1,890)
Seat 2: Schaubs (1,110)
Schaubs posts the small blind of 15
Knightsridge posts the big blind of 30
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Schaubs [8c 8h]
Schaubs raises to 90
Knightsridge raises to 295
Schaubs raises to 1,110, and is all in
Knightsridge calls 815
Schaubs shows [8c 8h]
Knightsridge shows [9c 9s]
*** FLOP *** [As Kh 5d]
*** TURN *** [As Kh 5d] [7s]
*** RIVER *** [As Kh 5d 7s] [Jd]
Schaubs shows a pair of Eights
Knightsridge shows a pair of Nines
Knightsridge wins the pot (2,220) with a pair of Nines
Schaubs: gg
Schaubs stands up
Knightsridge: gg
Knightsridge stands up
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 2,220 Rake 0
Board: [As Kh 5d 7s Jd]
Seat 1: Knightsridge (big blind) showed [9c 9s] and won (2,220) with a pair of Nines
Seat 2: Schaubs (small blind) showed [8c 8h] and lost with a pair of Eights
Match 3: Tightness ensued.
Seat 1: Schaubs (2,140)
Seat 2: Knightsridge (860)
Knightsridge posts the small blind of 10
Schaubs posts the big blind of 20
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Schaubs [Ac Ah]
Knightsridge folds
Uncalled bet of 10 returned to Schaubs
Schaubs shows [Ac Ah] a pair of Aces
Schaubs wins the pot (20)
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 20 Rake 0
Seat 1: Schaubs (big blind) collected (20)
Seat 2: Knightsridge (small blind) folded before the Flop
I kept the pressure on:
Seat 1: Schaubs (2,150)
Seat 2: Knightsridge (850)
Schaubs posts the small blind of 10
Knightsridge posts the big blind of 20
Knightsridge: wow
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Schaubs [Ac 2s]
Schaubs: nice fold
Knightsridge: lol
Schaubs raises to 60
Knightsridge: skill
Knightsridge folds
Uncalled bet of 40 returned to Schaubs
Schaubs mucks
Schaubs wins the pot (40)
The blinds are now 15/30
On the 54th hand I finished him off:
Seat 1: Schaubs (2,265)
Seat 2: Knightsridge (735)
Schaubs posts the small blind of 20
Knightsridge posts the big blind of 40
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Schaubs [Jd Qs]
Schaubs calls 20
Knightsridge checks
*** FLOP *** [2d 6d 5c]
Knightsridge checks
Schaubs checks
*** TURN *** [2d 6d 5c] [Js]
Knightsridge checks
Schaubs bets 80
Knightsridge raises to 160
Schaubs raises to 2,225, and is all in
Knightsridge calls 535, and is all in
Schaubs shows [Jd Qs]
Knightsridge shows [Jc 8s]
Uncalled bet of 1,530 returned to Schaubs
Knightsridge: nh
*** RIVER *** [2d 6d 5c Js] [Kd]
Schaubs shows a pair of Jacks
Knightsridge shows a pair of Jacks
Knightsridge: gg
Schaubs wins the pot (1,470) with a pair of Jacks
Schaubs: gg dude
Knightsridge stands up
Schaubs stands up
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 1,470 Rake 0
Board: [2d 6d 5c Js Kd]
Seat 1: Schaubs (small blind) showed [Jd Qs] and won (1,470) with a pair of Jacks
Seat 2: Knightsridge (big blind) showed [Jc 8s] and lost with a pair of Jacks
It was a good match, I know they won't get any easier that is for sure.
----
Saturday night we had a couple of friends over and I was finally able to set up my entertainment system the way I have wanted it for over a month now. Then, as we were playing around with the settings we realized that I could set up my Wii on PIP and play it while we were watching the Canucks game! Although it was a little bit small in the bottom right corner, bowling was probably the best game for this. We didn't even try any other games actually, we just kept bowling. I still am yet to beat Lola's high score.
I've also set up the original Nintendo so that it can also be played. In fact, at one point after the hockey game 2 people were playing the Wii tennis full size, while someone else was playing Super Mario Bros. on the PIP. Good times.
----
Congrats to Chad for his recent 35th place finish last night. I watched him for a while and he was handling the big stack at the table very nicely. Good job.
11.2.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Take it to the finals fishcake!
Nice work. BTW we relaunched Hockey on FSL. Easy money for you me thinks!
Post a Comment