Have fun!
I need your opinion on what the best option is with regards to a Vegas trip. Here is the scenario:
If you had two days holiday days to use for a trip like this would you rather do:
1. Thursday night to Monday morning – Arrive late at night (around midnight before you sit down at a poker table) and be ready for the wedding which is Friday afternoon.
2. Thursday night to Monday evening – same thing, except all I know is leaving in the afternoon kinda sucks because you end up waiting around trying to find something to do, and you end up blowing the last two remaining hundreds that you had hoped to bring home with you. It still gives you more time to sleep in though, and you can check out some last minute attractions and hotels while your bags are checked with the front desk.
3. Thursday morning to Sunday night – Get there, get settled. Nothing is usually happening on Sunday night anyway. But then you have to go to work on Monday.
4. Wednesday night to Sunday night – An extra night in cost, but it might be the best option as far as getting in everything you want in such little time. I am traveling with a couple of newbies that have never been to Vegas. So I am sure they will want to do a bit of the tourist thing. With regards to the wedding, obviously we want to be in decent shape on the wedding day, and have enough time to recover from the craziness that will surely ensue throughout Friday evening and all of Saturday.... So it might be a bit tough to get up and leave on Sunday evening. This is why i need your expert advice people!
Of course, cost comes in to play too. I figure for 4 nights you can usually get a nice place for less than $700. For three nights, it’s about $550. To further the savings we will probably share a room with another couple. We can always pull the old “book a couple of flights only and then sneak in and shack up to save some money” maneuver.
Has anyone every stayed at Harrah’s? It sounds like that is the hotel of choice for the bride and groom.
Have a good weekend everyone.

3 comments:
Thu night thru Mon night is a no brainer. Harrah's is a good place to stay. it's central to the strip, right across from Caesar's. rooms are decent and although the poker room is not that big, it's filled with donkey kongs. i wouldn't play any tourneys there tho, the structure blowz.
I'm with Smokkee. Thurs-Mon is the way to go.
Harrah's although I've never stayed there, get's a good review from those that I know do. And they repeat, so that must say something.
Try booking right through the Harrah's site. We've found booking from the Hotel web-sites can save some extra coin occasionally. Not tons, but sometimes up to a buy-in!
Thursday night through Monday night is a good length of time.
I've stayed at Harrahs (twice in the past three months, to be exact). The rooms are decent, which is all you need from a Vegas hotel room. And as others have mentioned, you just can't beat the location.
If you have a Total Rewards card, book through the Harrahs site. They are constantly running specials depending on your player rating.
Post a Comment