9.4.08

NHL Hockey Playoff predictions - Round 1 & Cup Finals

Each year I am in one pool or another, often two. This year I running one at work (little money), and I am also in one at Astin's work (big money).

TSN.ca has a monkey do their picks. It's pretty funny actually because a lot of the times "Maggie the Monkey" has been pretty spot on. I listed Maggie's picks along with mine for the first round. Surprisingly, when Maggie spun the big wheel this time, she picked mostly favorites, so our picks don't really differ much.

Here are my predictions for round 1:

Eastern Conference:
(1) Montreal vs (8) Boston
My Pick: Montreal in 6
Maggie's Pick: Montreal

(2) Pittsburgh vs (7) Ottawa
My Pick: Pittsburg in 5
Maggie: Pittsburg

(3) Washington vs (6) Philadelphia
My Pick: Washington in 7
Maggie's Pick: Philidelphia

(4) New Jersey vs (5) New York Rangers
My Pick: NY Rangers in 6
Maggie: New Jersey

Western Conference:
(1) Detroit vs (8) Nashville
My Pick: Detroit in 4
Maggie: Detroit

(2) San Jose vs (7) Calgary
My Pick: San Jose in 6
Maggie: San Jose

(3) Minnesota vs (6) Colorado
My Pick: Colorado in 6
Maggie: Minnesota

(4) Anaheim vs (5) Dallas
My Pick: Anaheim in 5
Maggie: Anaheim

Stanley Cup Finals:
New York Rangers vs. San Jose Sharks
Winner: San Jose Sharks

I love this time of year. Hockey games every single night. The first round is great because usually there are two games back to back every single night for a week straight. Good times, lots of beers. Damn you Canucks! But hey, at least they get 10th pick in the draft now... what a deal.

I forgot to mention that I actually went to the last game of the season on Saturday night. Got super hammered, and cheered on Trevor Linden as it will most likely be his last game. Rookie of the year in 1989 and 20 years of hockey later, it's time to finally hang'em up. GG T-rev.

See you at the Mook.

Somehow I have inspired a family member to start a blog. Who knew!

Masters Weekend is upon us... so I'll be planting myself in front of the tv for a good 12-14 hours over the weekend. PVR mania! This is probably the most anticipated weekend of the entire year for me. Time to dust off the green jacket from the closet again.

I was just reading HighOnPoker and he noted a new tourney coming up in the near future. Check it out and sign up!

7 comments:

corron10 said...

Philly in 6

Pauly said...

I like my Rangers in 6...

Shrike said...

I'll miss Trev. Wish I could have been there.

*tears up*

BamBam said...

Devils in 6.... NJ.... NOT... NYR.

Maggie knows her chit !!!

Sorry Pauly.

MHG said...

F yo bracket!

Go Flames!

(slight chance I'll be up in Vancouver within the month--I'll let you know)

PokahDave said...

I like my ruins....(ahem). Well my Bruins will at least be part of a sweep...

Mark said...

Hey Scaubs.... you caught me, should have put those spammy ones back a few more months - these are actually to do with a PLR project I have on the go - need them to be indexed by Google quickly before the next step. ah well.

Back to strategy posting as soon as I stop writing reviews 10 hours a day (which as you might imagine is not fun)