Not doing so shit hot in either pool so far. Although my 1st round picks were right for the most part, I still am somehow way behind in both pools. Donkey picks always seem to come through for the less knowledgable...? Who knows, maybe they are experts, or just knew that the Ducks were going to lose in the first round to the Stars. I know I had a feeling about that one, but just never ended up pulling the trigger. I guess it was because I heard that Cory Perry was coming back, who knows. Anyway...
Let's recap:
Eastern Conference:
My correct picks: Montreal (although in 7 not 6), Pittsburg (in 4 not 5) , Rangers (in 5 not 6)
(Go Rangers!)
Maggie the Monkey's correct picks: Montreal, Pittsburg, Philidelphia
Western Conference:
My correct picks: Detroit (in 6 not 4), San Jose (in 7 not 6), Colorado (wow in 6, my only bang on pick)
Maggie the Monkey's correct picks: Detroit & San Jose (Go Sharks!)
Cup Finals are still looking good with the Sharks beating the Rangers in game 6.
Here are my Round 2 Predictions:
Eastern Conference:
(1) Montreal vs (6) Philadelphia
My Pick: Montreal in 7
(2) Pittsburgh vs (5) NY Rangers
My Pick: Rangers in 6
Western Conference:
(1) Detroit vs (6) Colorado
My Pick: Colorado in 7
(2) San Jose vs (5) Dallas
My Pick: San Jose in 6
Maggie the Monkey (from TSN) hasn't made her picks just yet, so I will try to update those later (like it matters, she's a fucking monkey! still interesting to me for some reason though).
----
The fact that I leave for a long awaited golf trip tomorrow should have no effect on how I played last night, so I will not use it as an excuse. I really don't have any explanation as to why I flamed out so early last night in the Skillz tournament (oh wait, yeah I do... no patience!)
I don't know why, but everytime I get a big hand early, I try to play it a bit trickier telling myself that I need to try and trap someone. Well last night I was dealt pocket aces early on and decided to only call the POT size bet in LP. I knew I was ahead after the flop, raised it POT and was called by Swimmom (top pair is gold right?). When another King came on the turn I knew (I just fucking knew!) I was now behind. It was just one of those nights. I finally went out in omadraw when Loretta8 turned a set and I pushed with TP and the nut flush draw. Didn't hit my club and I went home VERY early.
Tonight will be a different story, time to suck it up and move on! Mook Day!
I'll officially be on holidays for two whole days (plus weekend) after tonight. This will be the first time I have had time off since I went to Vegas in December. Man do I ever need it. Can't wait to play golf everyday. It's gonna be a blast. Gotta hit the range after work today (before the Mook) and work on a few things, but overall I am ready.
Have a good weekend everyone and good luck tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
May you forever be blessed giving the Avalanche the good Karma!
That hand is not worth beating self over. Cards played themselves in that situation. It would be silly for swimmom to fold TPTK on that board even if you were to reraise pre. More likely, if you reraise pre, board comes, swimmom checkraises you and either way, a lot of money (if not all) goes in.
Let's home the Blueshirts can top the Penguins! I have a prop bet going with jeciimd.
Post a Comment