2.4.08

RNG thought of the day

Just thinking psuedo out loud here so bear (corrected) with me. Maybe someone can shed some light on what seems to be an obvious statement of fact...

Question:

Are there multiple RNG's or is there just one RNG for a poker client?

In other words - At Full Tilt is there an RNG for the $0.50/1 6 max NL, and then another for the $1/2 6 max NL... and then another for $3/6 limit, and another for Fuel's $25/50 Matasow punishing?

Further to that is there another RNG that is for other PLO, Razz, Horse, PL Cap and so on and so on (insert hundreds of variations we see everytime we fire up a poker site).

How many RNG's is that then?

How random can it really be? Or is that more random? Now I am confused.

If I was a swindling type, I would invent a program that could recognize the situation, and "randomly" set them up for a sick beat once in a while. Determine where the donkey's are, and exploit them for even more profit. Who the hell is going to figure that out anyway? RNG my ass.

I am sure the answer is a simple "YES you moron!" but who knows, I sincerly hope the fix isn't in and we aren't all being set up for a big screw job one day. Two days in a row now I have tried to make a withdrawl from FT and both times it "jammed" and didn't make it to the withdrawl request screen. I am not sure what the deal is. Are the poker gods telling me not to take out this money? Or is Full Tilt just saying screw you pal, you are stuck here so just deal with it.

I was thinking I could put it to better use in Vegas in May or July during a 3am binge...

I have no idea what made me think of all this as I down my clubhouse wrap with a side of corn chowdaaaaaa. Wash it down with a can of iced tea and you've got yourself a kickass lunch baby!

Speaking of baby... Lola posted that she was preggo on her facebook yesterday... you should have seen the number of "Oh my god, congrats!!!!" type of comments or "Why do I have to find out through facebook!!" angry type of comments. People, please. Smarten the fuck up on April 1st will ya!

See ya at the Mook!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't get past 'bare' with me. I hardly know you.

Schaubs said...

LOL corrected.. oops!

Thanks Mr. A. or is it Miss? 50 bucks says you are a chick.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that you don't actually know me at all... but I appreciate the grammer check, I've never professed to be a grammer guru...

Shrike said...

Now *that* is a true-and-true April Fool's joke. ;)

Jordan said...

Wifey Kim sent he brother a text saying "Uncle Marc" (his name is Marc). He called her all excited that she was pregnant. Of course, it was a joke. The weird part is, we got the joke from him. Last year, he called wifey Kim's friend and let it slip that wifey Kim was preggers, as a goof. We essentially just flipped it back on him and he still fell for it. There's something about pregnancy jokes that catch people off guard.

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

I wish I was here first. I woulda been all over the "bare with me." Dude, I don't think the RNG is as linear as you make it sound. It's just a giant tub of numbers... obv stacked against you. :) Btw, I have no problem withdrawing. Just withdrew some on Monday. Sometimes, you just have to give it a few seconds. That portion seems to run slower but it works. I can attest to that.

Julius_Goat said...

I bought my own RNG from Full Tilt with 10 million FPP.

It's great, I don't lose flips anymore!