18.4.08

A tough start

You know it's gonna be a long night when you get a hand like this early on. I limped KK UTG. Two hands in a row right before that I was dealt AQ back to back... so I figured I would limp this monster. Only the blinds called. SB checks (obv) and I bet. By the time the river got there it was a raising war. Thankfully, it was so early I lost less than 500 chips of my starting 3K stack.

Finished 31st I think. Limit is so tiring, yet requires a lot of skill. My limit game needs a LOT of work if I am ever going win one of these non-NL riverchaser games... and boy do those RC'ers love to chase. Maybe I should just join their crew...

Finised 5th at the LeCheese II. Went out in a very dissapointing manner (not as bad as Kat though who bubbled in 4th (QQ vs. 10c-8c called all in preflop against Matt Matros... is he a pro?) when my AK was no good against the eventual winners KJo (not Matt, but a customer of Rakebrain.com). It is a wonder how some people can think they are good there when you fold for 20-25 minutes straight (5 handed). Anyway, I owe you all a buck (maybe two?) now.

Poker is now officially on the back burner (except for this Sunday). I'll still try to make it out to the NL games when I get the opportunity, but I don't see that happening too often with Golf and ball gearing up very shortly.

Have a good weekend everyone.

2 comments:

BamBam said...

Sorry Schaubs!

That's my brudder Carson in that picture. Had to cheer for the home team on that one.

At least it was limit.

Hit 'em straight and true this weekend.

lightning36 said...

Yeah - nothing like limit poker. I floped a set and had to watch as the other players chased the flush to the river ... and hit it.

Is the hockey season still going on? I thought it ended when my beloved Blackhawks fell just short of the playoffs. Maybe next year ...