9.2.10

Olympic Medal Prop Bets - Canada vs.

Anyone interested in betting on the Olympics? Let's make it a simple prop bet involving the medal standings. Here are the 2006 results (Gold, Silver, Bronze, Total) ranked by total gold medals... because we all know that winning the gold is the only thing that matters!

1. Germany 11 12 6 29
2. United States 9 9 7 25
3. Austria 9 7 7 23
4. Russia 8 6 8 22
5. Canada 7 10 7 24
6. Sweden 7 2 5 14
7. South Korea 6 3 2 11
8. Switzerland 5 4 5 14
9. Italy 5 0 6 11
10. France 3 2 4 9
10. Netherlands 3 2 4 9
12. Estonia 3 0 0 3
13. Norway 2 8 9 19
14. China 2 4 5 11
15. Czech Republic 1 2 1 4
16. Croatia 1 2 0 3
17. Australia 1 0 1 2
18. Japan 1 0 0 1
19. Finland 0 6 3 9
20. Poland 0 1 1 2
21. Belarus 0 1 0 1
21. Bulgaria 0 1 0 1
21. United Kingdom 0 1 0 1
21. Slovakia 0 1 0 1
25. Ukraine 0 0 2 2
26. Latvia 0 0 1 1

I will handicap it based on the above standings. If you want Latvia, I will give you a 23 medal spread. If you want Germany, then you give me a 5 medal spread. If you want to bet on gold medals only, then that is cool too. We will use the same structure.

I am open to any and all offers (not saying I will accept every single wager, but I will consider it). Send me an email or post your prop here in the comments and I will confirm whether it is a go. Paypal, FT or PS transfers are acceptable. Pay at the end of the Olympics... who knows maybe the men's gold medal hockey final will be the match that decides our bet!

Go Canada Go!!

15 comments:

Pauly said...

I'll take you on... USA vs. Canada... let's do overall medals straight up.

Schaubs said...

Always looking for an edge hey Pauly. If I agree to that then it contradicts my whole spread theory.

You give me a 1 medal advantage and you got a deal.

$10? $20?

Please confirm.

MHG said...

Will you bet against Canada? I'll take Canada vs. Japan in a gold medal spread and give you a 6 gold headstart.

Hell, I'll give you a seven gold headstart. GO OH CANADA!

PS: Do you have floorspace for a bum from Seattle?

Schaubs said...

I will not bet against Canada.

Hit me up on email or fb and we can discuss.

BWoP said...

Czech Republic TOTAL medals against Canada GOLD medals. I get +3 medals for the Czech Republic.

$10? Stars? Full Tilt? Cash?

PinkyStinky said...

I'll take China total medals (vs canada eh?) So I'd get +13. $10 FT tranfer....

Schaubs said...

Bwop - sorry can't go total vs. gold. Maybe I wasn't clear...?
I will take you on, but it would be total medals vs. total medals or gold only vs. gold only. silver vs. silver or bronze vs. bronze. Why you gotta be so confusing?? :)

Pinky Stinky - it's a bet. book it. $10 on FT.

BWoP said...

You said you were open to any and all offers :-(

IMO, it's hard to pick a good bet based on the fact that the Olympics are in Canada and the host country generally has a higher medal count than average. I was trying to account for that by doing a CZR total versus a CAN gold.

If you want to do total versus total, I will take CZR if you take Slovakia and I will spot you 3 medals.

$10.

BWoP said...

Ummmmm, I read your post again, and it looks from the title that you are only open to Canada versus another country.

:-(

Schaubs said...

Correct. I will not bet against Canada. Sorry, I can't do it especially when they are in my home town.

I will also not bet on Slovaki.

Why you gotta be so difficult?:)

Canada vs. CZR and I will spot you 20 medals! That is nutso, but I will do it.

$10?

Schaubs said...

Open to all offers sure, but that doesn't mean I will accept them...

BWoP said...

Ok, Canada v. CZR +20 for $10.

:-)

Kde domov muy . . .

Can't wait to hear that over and over and over again!

Schaubs said...

Ok Bwop book it.

Two bets so far.

Any other takers?

MHG said...

My heritage is Finnish, so I'll go my Finland vs. your Canada in a gold medal race, +7 to Finland!

I'll let you off easy... $5

Also, make your bets in the Survivor season before tonight's show, either on your blog or on mine, or email. I'm not sure if I'm still using your correct email address... yahoo? or perma?

Schaubs said...

MHG - book it. $5. yahoo is correct. Perma is out.

I will also book the bet with Pauly at even up Canada vs. USA.

I am sure he knew I would budge.

Fawk.