Thursday, Day 7. Ok I must admit, this is getting a bit tiresome... but I will not stop never fear! I just wish I could get a bit more feedback, but what can I expect when all I am really doing is writing up daily recaps of my Olympic experiences. No feedback necessary.
These weekedays are kinda boring though because work keeps getting in the way of some long time fun. I usually only have 2-3 hours in the evening to squeeze in some Olympic stuff and for the most part it is spent at friends houses or my own watching the events and cheering on the competitors.
The big days are the men's hockey game days and Thursday was no exception. It was too close for comfort and I was definitely nervous after the Swiss scored their second goal with 10 seconds left in the second period to make it a 2-2 tie. So much for calling back to back scores in the games.
That was Team Canada's wake up call. I hope so for Canada's sake anyway. If they were to lose or not at least make it to the Gold Medal game it would be a complete disappointment from a Canadian hockey fans perspective.
Luckily, this would not be the night. No one scored another goal in the third period and we were off to overtime where, again, no one scored. So it was shoot out time and Sid Crosby put it away on the 4th shot (his second of the shootout, which I did not know was allowed) and managed to put it past Jonas Hiller for the game winning goal.
We had to split the first two points. Each game is worth 3 points. If you go to overtime, that's a point each and the win is worth another point. So we get two of three which really does suck actually.
Why? Well it makes Sunday's game against the USA all the more important. If we lose that one we might even risk the chance of not getting a first round bye... terrible. I have faith though and believe that Canada is the better team who is just starting to hit their stride.
Look out USA!
Any side bets on this single game? I will take all bets of $10 or less. Do it.
The highlight of my Olympic night was when I was told about the cowbell 2010 app for my itouch. It was $0.99 but worth it. You can choose your country flag to cover your cowbell and ring it until your hearts content. You can get medal updates and it also has the events schedule so that right there is worth it.
Check it out if you dare...
The weather here has been beautiful. Sunny every day for the last 3-4 days. It's been great for all of the visitors and I know that there has been some negativity shed about our fair city. I wonder what some of you have heard? Anyone out there care to confess what they've been hearing about the games and our city of Vancouver over the past week? Are people being little whinny bitches about the lack of snow?
19.2.10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I am cheering hard for Canada! I can not understand why they only got one point. I like in your recaps when you show how far behind in the bets you are and then cry. It makes me happy. XD. I should stop wondering why I have bad Karma.
haha very funny you train wreck.
Shit I forgot to mention that Canada won another gold medal... probably because it was overshadowed by more USA gold. fawk.
Canada got two points didn't they? 1 for the reg. and one for the OT win.
From everything I'm watching and hearing, Vancouver is getting first rate reviews as host. Yes there's a little whining about the lack of a "winter" feel. But it always comes down to, you can't control the weather.
Cypress and that crew, deserve a gold for getting it into that kind of shape!
Post a Comment