4.2.10

SCOOP ticket win, live cash game beat

I neglected to mention that I did play in one event during the WBCOOP. In fact, so did Lola. But before I get to that... was it just me or did everyone only get 2 tournament tickets? I am not sure if it was because I am a low limit low level donk or what the deal is but when I went to retrieve my tickets there were only two sitting there.

Knowing that I could only play in one or two events anyway I decided to sign up for the Thursday tournament and the Saturday tournament. I obviously had no clue how all of this was working because had I known there was a main event I would have only signed up for the weekend tournaments. For some reason I thought that the Sunday event was some sort of finals that everyone was trying to qualify for throughout the week (sort of like the BBT).

Little did I know that Sunday was just another tournament classified as the Main Event. In hindsight I should have known and used my second ticket on Sunday's event. I was home but had slept in from the night before. I didn't get home until 5am Sunday morning because I had drunkenly decided to take a run at the 100K bad beat jackpot over at the River Rock.

I did see a bad beat, but it was on myself and it didn't warrant the big 100K table payout. After about an hour of play I limped pocket 6's UTG knowing that there would be a raise somewhere. Guy UTG+1 called the $2 blind and then the button raised it to $12. BB called, I called and so did UTG+1.

The dream flop of 6-8-8 came out and I just flopped a full house. Two checks and UTG+1 leads out for $20. Under bet, but a bet nonetheless. It folds to me and I raise it up another $45. He shoves his remaining stack and I have him covered. It was another $100ish to me and I called hoping I had him beat or he had quads and we could take a run at the 100K bad beat pot. He flips over J-8 for trips and I am in good shape... right?

Turn 9, river 9. FML, I took it very well though. I was calm and just decided that poker was a dirty whore and didn't like me much at all at that point. Screw you poker, even when I get it in ahead you fuck me over.

Anyway, back to the tournament ticket I won on Saturday. I had to work and the tournament started at 12pm my time. I managed to talk Lola into playing the first hour and told her specifically to only play the biggest of big hands (AA, KK, QQ, AK) and that is it. She did, and did very well. When I got home at 1pm she had accumulated 8k in chips already! WTG!!

I kept those chips working for another 3 hours and when it was 4pm the Canucks game was about to start and I was already late for the party over at the shed. I called my buddy and told him I was ITM for an $11 ticket and had a push or fold type of stack of about 16BB's. I live open pushed with him on the phone with AQ and got called by KK and AK. GG me.

So yeah, one free roll tournament, one tournament ticket win to the SCOOP and the other free roll tournament ticket went to waste on Thursday. I had no clue what the SCOOP ticket was for until LJ or someone else told me. I actually thought it was for the finals when I first won it LOL.

I railed Lightning36 in the Main Event while playing in a $3 tourney on Sunday. AA went down to a flopped set of 7's. Just another day of poker in the Schaub's hood.

My name is Schaubs, and I suck at poker!

2 comments:

BamBam said...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the two tickets were for all events.

1) was the 'enter one event ticket.'
2) was a 'multi-event' ticket for all of the rest.

:)

JimJacobs said...

Hope you have a bit more luck in the forthcoming weeks. Its only February so things can definitely get better!