17.2.10

NBC thinks tape delay is a good idea #Olympics2010

Tuesday, Day 5. I watched more Olympic coverage on my lunch break. USA hockey pulled out a 3-1 win against the Swiss. I heard on the radio that the goalie Ryan Miller had to cover up part of his goalie helmet that said "Miller Time" on it. I assume it is just his long time nickname and not a beer sponsorship reference.

Team Canada took on Norway and unsurprisingly they clobbered them with Roberto Luongo getting the shutout. With about two minutes to go the score was 8-0 Canada and I was hoping that it would remain that way... and it did. I guess I can call the score with the best of them sometimes.

I caught the game over at Thorndog's place and we watched it live instead of on PVR because we just couldn't stand to not celebrate each goal with the rest of the country in real time. If we had been living in the USA who knows when we would have found out about it via NBCitsometimelater tape delay antics.

We won a gold medal in the Women's boarder cross which brings our medal count up to 5 at the end of Day 4. Not bad, but we are still chasing the powerhouse's that are USA and Germany. I expect Canada to put up some more medals shortly so we should be able to keep pace. My prop bets aren't looking too bad so far.

After the Hockey game we fired up LOST, which was much more exciting to say the least. Don't get me wrong, watching Team Canada kick the crap out of some team that barely belongs there in first place is fun - especially when my guys put up a bunch of points for my pool, but I would much rather try to figure out who's name will be next to be crossed off the list of names written on the cave. My guess is Hurley, sorry big guy.

Or where Sawyer gets all of that Whiskey from? Or how the evil Locke can just transform into smoke whenever he wants. Or who the little boy is? My guess is it's a young Jacob... and not Aaron as some others have written about.

Anyway, we move on to Day 6. What will it bring? Will it be another medal for Canada, maybe this time in Alpine skiing?

Canada's next Hockey game is Thursday vs. The Swiss and then the big one to end the round robin play of Group A will be on Sunday vs. the all might USA.

Any prop bets DoubleDave?

2 comments:

PokahDave said...

I see why Canada should probably be the favorite here. How about a wussy gentlemans bet where the loser would owe 10 huge bucks on FTP after the Olympics is said and done. I'll take the USA and you take Canadia.....USAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSA!!!

PokahDave said...

Or PokerStars for that matter....