16.2.10

Bode Miller seems uninterested

Monday, Day 4. Work is now officially in the way of my Olympic watching time and it is rather annoying. I did get a chance to watch some downhill during lunch and saw that the ever popular Bode Miller won a Bronze Medal. No one really likes him from what I could tell and he has never really shown much interest in the Olympic games and what they really mean. Heck, even NBC was slagging him from time to time.

Canada won a silver medal in boarder cross, so that was cool. It came down to the wire and right near the end the "jeans wearing" American gobbled up the lead and pass him on the 2nd to last jump as a result of more speed. Wescott defended his 2006 title. Congrats. maybe next time Mike Robertson. He was very humble, as most Canadians are.

After work I rushed over to a buddies place to get our Olympic Men's hockey pool going. There were eight of us there and we completed it rather quickly. Only selecting 6 forwards and 2 defense each, we were done in less than an hour.

Here's my team (notice I did not take a single Russian or American):

From Team Canada:
Heatly
Geztlaf
Toews
Doughty (D)
Seabrook (D)

From Team Sweden:
Hornqvist
Pahlsson
Zetterberg

Obviously I am hoping for a Sweden vs. Canada Final. I do think the Russians will do very well in this tournament if their defense can hold up against either Canada or Sweden in the semi-finals. However, I figured if I am goiNG to win this pool then I shouldn't spread myself too thin and take a guy from each team (like some of my competitiors did). I am not sure what the optimal strategy is... but for ten bucks I figured I might as well be a homer and cheer for my team as much as possible.

We did manage to make some prop bets during the draft. We were betting $2 on every race during the 500m men's long track sprint. We alternated picking first and then realized that there was usually a clear favorite. So we added another 25% juice to the players bet that got to pick first. Good times.

Jeremy Wotherspoon tanked out for his last official Olympic race. Nice career though I must say.

Today I am wearing my Canadian Flag sweater for obvious reasons.

Game 1 of the qualifying round robin goes on Tuesday. Norway vs. Canada.

My prediction: Canada 8 Norway 0.

Goooooooooooo CANADA!!

1 comment:

PokahDave said...

USA USA USA USA USA USA!!!!!! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!