24.2.10

Roberto Luongo's time to shine

Monday, Day 11.

This is quit a streak I am on, I must say. I'm still not sure I can maintain this pace of posting for the rest of the Olympics but I have set the goal and I will do it! There are times where I don't get the post up the day after, but it's only because life gets in the way as usual.

We won our 5th Gold on Monday. In ice dancing / figure skating. I am not sure what it is called. It is easily my least favorite sport of the games. It's a judged sport and I hope by now you can tell that I am not a fan of judged sports at all.

Too biased, too many requirements. Not enough "show up and go" type of hype. I want action, I don't want judges determining the outcome of that action. That is why I rarely, if ever bet on judged sports. There is no point. You fate is not entirely in the hands of the competitors because even if they put up a sub par performance, they still might win or get a medal.

Work got in the way of my Olympic watching as I suspect it will for the rest of the week. EXCEPT for hockey of course. The organizers were smart enough to put the games on at a time where I can sneak out of work on time and get to the comfort of a couch and a well deserved beverage or two.

Tomorrow is Germany when the real tournament begins and the single elimiation portion takes place. Lose once and you are out boys. Luongo is in net as expected as as requested. Thank you.

This is your time to shine Roberto, make it happen.

No comments: