21.2.10

Judged sports shouldn't count

Friday, Day 8.

I had nothing to do with the Olympics for the most part. We did pick up our 4th Gold Medal on this day when Jon Montgomery - Canada's newest Golden Boy - shocked the skeleton sporting world.

In true Canadian fashion after he was declared the official winner he was handed a jug of ice cold beer and proceeded to chug a good portion of it with the crowd. Awesome.

Most of Friday night was spent playing poker with Dr. Fag at the FCPC. @whatupwilly was in town for the weekend so we met up and tossed around the chips. Fuel cashed and so did Willy's bro Andre. Nice work fish heads. I might have bubbled...

Saturday is the big day. The day I get to finally use these Olympic tickets that I have had burning a hole in my safe for a few weeks now. I bought them about 10 months ago and I can't wait to experience the games live and in person with 22,000 other hockey fans.

I leave you with this little tidbit that goes on to explain how the real medal count is the one that we should be watching. These judged sports are a bit of a joke I must agree.

3 comments:

Danny said...

Thanks for the link on the judged sports very interesting! Definitely worth a read..

Bayne_S said...

In general I can agree with throwing out result of any judged sport.

But Shaun White clearly won Gold in the Halfpipe.

lightning36 said...

Judged sports are just part of the mix. I'd rather get rid of the "sports" in the Olympics that seem like they are there soley for the USA medal count.